- Company: Ilara Health
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Kenya
Ilara Health brings accurate and affordable diagnostics to the 500 million people in Africa who today struggle to access a simple blood test. We distribute low-cost, AI-powered diagnostic devices directly to primary care doctors in peri-urban and rural clinics, where the availability of common diagnostics is very poor. Our proprietary software integrates all the devices that we distribute and enables the doctor to provide effective patient management. We use technology to bring light to a dark world of healthcare in a similar way technology has leapfrogged landlines, banking and electricity grids.
About the role
As a member of the laboratory team, the laboratory growth associate will assume a key supportive role in the growth of the laboratory division and will be directly supervised by the head of labs. The Associate will be included in a fast-paced and exciting environment where every day will present chances to learn new things and have hands-on experience within the healthcare sector. The Laboratory Growth Associate will support the head of labs in carrying out several activities such as research projects, data analysis, and lab operations management.
Duties and responsibilities
- Participate as a key team member to exploratory field research projects in different geographical areas in Kenya;
- Collect, analyze, summarize and present quantitative and qualitative data obtained from field research, peer-reviewed scientific articles, technical manuals, etc.;
- Contribute to the creation and execution of surveys to assess different aspects of the Kenyan primary healthcare system;
- Establish strong relationships with healthcare facilities and personnel, with frequent and effective communication and in-person visits to ensure success of projects;
- Follow up on the latest diagnostic technologies and trends in diagnostics;
- Collaborate closely with the team members to provide effective solutions to support business and quality objectives.
- BSc degree in relevant field
- > 1 year of working experience in fast-paced environment (e.g. startups, consulting);
- Committed to improving access to healthcare in Sub-Saharan Africa;
- Data collection, analysis and presentation skills;
- Conversant with Microsoft package and Google Suite;
- Ability to work as part of a diverse team with multiple expertise and support interdisciplinary collaborations.
- Able to move in a fast-paced environment;
- Collaborative attitude;
- Proactive and energetic spirit;
- Able to take ownership of their work and decision.