Medical Laboratory Technologist Job, Medical Jobs 2020,
Ref No: LAB/2020/1,
The Medical Laboratory Technologist provides information for diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease by conducting medical laboratory tests, procedures, experiments, and analyses.
- Collect blood specimens from patients, label specimens and evaluate correct specimens for the tests requested.
- Perform tests and sample analysis in the areas of Hematology, Immunology Histopathology/Cytology, Clinical Chemistry, and Microbiology.
- Verify the validity of all submitted samples prior to accepting the specimen.
- Prepare samples for storage and maintain specimen inventory.
- Prepare peripheral blood films, and tissue specimens in readiness for reporting by the pathologists
- Perform calibration, standardization and routine preventive maintenance on laboratory instruments such as centrifuges, microscopes, incubators, analyzers, refrigerators, freezers, in accordance with the established procedures, protocols and schedules
- Perform Quality Control (QC) and Quality Assurance (QA) activities
- Review all tests results for accuracy and consistency, correlating results with patients’ conditions.
- Notify the appropriate health professional in case of Critical / Panic values or questionable results that require verification or re-collection of samples.
- Maintain laboratory records and archiving system of patient information, equipment and tests results to comply with regulations.
- Enter results in the laboratory information management system.
- Assist in writing and revising of the technical procedures and manuals.
- Maintain inventory of equipment and monitor laboratory supply levels and assist in re-ordering and inventory of supplies
- Comply with all relevant safety and infection control policies and procedures.
- Ensure tidiness of laboratory rooms, benches and proper housekeeping.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
- A degree / diploma in Medical Laboratory Sciences.
- Must be registered and licensed by the Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists Board (KMLTTB).
- At Least 2 years post qualification experience.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate data critically.
- Ability to prepare and keep budgets.
- MUST be Computer literate
- Familiar with Good Laboratory Practices (GLP)
- Familiarity with the total quality process- Quality assurance, quality control processes is mandatory
- Experience in performing common laboratory tests
- Ability to prepare reagents, stains and media.
- Ability to carry out grossing, sectioning of specimens
- Ability to calibrate, operate and maintain laboratory instruments.
- Familiarity with (Laboratory information management system) LIMS.
- Minimum two (2) years working experience.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- At least 2 years of relevant working experience
- Strong negotiation and customer care skills
- Have experience working with any ERP system.
How To Apply
Interested candidates are requested to send your CV to us via email to: [email protected] quoting the reference number
Deadline for submission is 9th December 2020.