- Company: Absa Bank Limited
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: - - Absa Bank Limited Jobs in KenyaBanking Jobs in KenyaEconomics Jobs in Kenya
Absa Bank Limited (Absa) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Barclays Africa Group Limited. Absa offers personal and business banking, credit cards, corporate and investment banking, wealth and investment management as well as bancassurance.
To achieve agreed targets in line with the business objectives through pro-active selling of all the bank’s product and provision of excellent customer service
- Deliver exceptional sales performance by identifying and meeting customer needs through selling & cross selling of all Absa Bank Retail products and services.
- Provide direct “hands on” sales support (quality lead generation and effective follow-up) to generate and convert quality leads into sales.
- Participate in specific product campaigns by ensuring that the products are explained to customers.
- Agree, meet and exceed targets for specific sales campaigns.
- Maintain own sales performance statistics for management information usage.
- Own and manage personal products & channel sales targets to contribute towards the direct sales objectives and targets.
- Refer to the appropriate area of delivery for specialist product help or advise (e.g. Schemes or Mortgage) when uncertain about the product delivery or application process. Respond directly to the customer.
- Complete account opening documentation together with customers and submit to Line Manager for review before submitting to operations for processing.
- When selling loans to Retail customers, complete the financial analysis and statement review on customer accounts. Where customers do not meet the minimum criteria, advise the customer verbally or in writing as the customer requires. Report such denials to the Line Manager on a daily basis.
- Call customers when their accounts have been opened and provide the customer with contact information for the branch at which their account is held.
- Own customer queries and complaints around account opening, loans and card applications and resolve in a timely manner. Escalate any unresolved queries, or queries not resolved in a short period of time to the Line Manager.
- Build relationships with internal service providers (Operations and the KYC Helpdesk) to ensure a quick turnaround time of escalated queries and complaints.
- Advise customers as soon as new loans are approved and encourage draw-downs on the new loans
- Open scheme loan accounts referred by the Scheme Loans Relationship Managers
- “Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise-Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Absa Policies and Policy Standards. Understand and manage risks and risk events (incidents) relevant to the role.”
- Ensure accuracy of each new account application, loan document, Barclaycard application and all other customer documents. Lead Generators (LGs) are held personally accountable for accuracy and quality of these and supporting documents that they complete and submit.
- Achieve operational rigour excellence in all aspects of procedures and processes personally undertaken to ensure green audit.
- Follow the Retail end to end account opening ensuring new accounts are authorized and KYC compliant. Escalate any items that exceed the agreed service level time lines or where there are unresolved KYC requirements, to the Line Manager.
- Comply with general Absa operational risk & rigour requirements e.g. Health & Safety standards and security of premises, KYC and anti-money laundering regulations.
- Share knowledge and experience with other Lead Generators in the team.
- Provide cover for other Lead Generators in case of excessive workload or absence.
- Deputize for the Line Manager whenever required.
- Agree annual performance objectives with the Sales Manager, including specific sales targets.
- Pursue continued improvement in personal development by participating in development programs and training.
- Further Education and Training Certificate (FETC): Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)