Library Assistant Jobs, Information Studies Jobs, KMTC Jobs
Terms of Service: 3 Year Contract
Ref. No. KMTC/QP- 12/ EAF/ 13/ 2019
Tenable: KMTC Various Campuses
The officer will work under the supervision of a more senior officer.
- Sending reminder notices for overdue publications;
- Updating the catalogue;
- Photocopying gazette notices with published standards and circulating to Quality Control Officers;
- Shelving new and returned books;
- Ensuring that shelves are tidy and publications are filed in their right places;
- Purchasing newspapers and magazines and maintaining their records;
- Assisting users on cataloguing and retrieving information from the library.
- A Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education minimum mean grade C- or its acceptable equivalent with at least a D+ in Mathematics, English or Kiswahili;
- A Certificate in Library or Information studies or its equivalent from a recognized institution; and
- Proficiency in computer applications.
In addition, applicants for all the above positions will be required to submit copies of membership of Professional Registration (where applicable); Certificates of clearance from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA); Ethics and Anti-corruption Commission (EACC); Higher Education Loans Board (HELB); Credit Reference Bureau (CRB) and a Certificate of Good Conduct from Directorate of Criminal Investigation (DCI).
How to Apply
Applicants whose backgrounds and competencies match the specifications are invited to send their applications, quoting the vacancy position and enclosing updated curriculum Vitae, copies of Academic and professional Certificates, National Identity card and day time telephone contact, to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenya Medical Training College
P O Box 30195-00100,
So as to reach him not later than Friday, 12th July 2019
The Kenya Medical Training College is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to implementing affirmative action. In this regard women, persons with disability and minorities with the requisite qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.