Logistics Jobs In Kenya. Logistics Officer at Food for the Hungry (FH Kenya)
Food for the Hungry is an international relief and development organization that answers God’s call to meet the physical and spiritual needs of the poor in more than 26 countries. Founded in 1971 by Dr. Larry Ward, Food for the Hungry exists to help individuals reach their God-given potential. In developing countries on nearly every continent, Food for the Hungry works with churches, leaders and families to provide the resources they need to help their communities become self-sustaining. When disasters strike, Food for the Hungry is often one of the first organizations on the ground to provide and facilitate emergency relief assistance to those in urgent need of food, shelter, and medical care. In 1976, Food for the Hungry (FH) provided emergency relief supplies to Kenya in the Marsabit district. In 2011, Kenya and four other countries experienced the worst drought in 60 years. Through livestock programs, the poor were able to sell their livestock to earn $2.2 million during the drought. This helped communities survive during the food crisis and water shortage. Presently, FH continues to work in Marsabit and three other districts to help rural communities. Click on icons to see how FH is working with Kenyan communities. Our work in Kenya is partially funded by a partner, the EEP Programme. The EEP Programme in Southern and East Africa is jointly funded by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Finland (lead donor), The Austrian Development Agency (ADA) and the UK’s Department for International Development (DFID).
The Logistics focal point at Marsabit level to offer guidance to the field staff on issues related to the Logistics policies and procedures. In charge of procurement, fleet, assets at the field level while coordinating with the Logistics Manager.
- Using the Odoo online procurement module, receive purchase Requisitions from staff, get quotations for items from suppliers based on the expenditure levels and purchase the required items as per set policies.
- Log all requisition orders in the procurement tracking sheet and submit to the Logistics Manager as required.
- Oversee the movement of procured goods to the warehouse in line with set guidelines.
- Initiates payments for the supplies/materials/ items received and prepares GRN’s to be signed by receiving programs.
- Maintain a list of all FH approved suppliers within Marsabit.
- Maintain and update the Marsabit Asset register and ensure that it is in line with both the online portal and manual register.
- Inform the Logistics Manager of non IT assets that need disposal after the annual asset verification exercise
- Ensure that all assets in Marsabit are tagged, insured and the same is updated in the register. Key Result # 2 – Logistic related duties
- Coordinate and arrange for warehouse transportation of food or other materials to different destinations from Marsabit.
- Coordinate receiving of parcels and mail via MAF (flights) to and from Nairobi office and distribute the same to staff appropriately.
- Maintain an inventory of all FH Office assets and equipment and ensure each is properly labelled both soft copy and at the Inventory book.
- Maintain an effective fleet data that will generate a monthly fleet report on fuel, repair and maintenance, log sheet etc as submitted by the drivers.
- Coordinate Drivers’ leave plans, training needs while capacity building the drivers
- Vibrant personal relationship with Christ
- Knowledgeable in procurement regulations and best practice
- A team player, creative, innovative and a good negotiator.
- Ability to learn new concepts and ideas, adaptable
- Strong working knowledge of computers and MS Office Suite ? Experience with using an ERP system
How To Apply
How to Apply Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications (clearly indicating their current or expected salary), updated CV with three referees, day telephone contacts to: Human Resource Manager Email address : [email protected] latest by 1st July 2022. This is an urgent position so shortlisting will be done on a rolling basis and interviews will be done on a short notice.
NB: While we value every person applying for this job, please note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contactedN.B: 1.Dont Miss Out On Your Next Job. Let's Have Your CV. .
NB: 2. Advance & Grow In Your Career? . .