- Company: Johnson & Johnson
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Kenya
At Johnson & Johnson, we believe good health is the foundation of vibrant lives, thriving communities and forward progress. That’s why for more than 130 years, we have aimed to keep people well at every age and every stage of life. Today, as the world’s largest and most broadly based healthcare company, we are committed to using our reach and size for good. We strive to improve access and affordability, create healthier communities, and put a healthy mind, body and environment within reach of everyone, everywhere. Every day, our more than 130,000 employees across the world are blending heart, science and ingenuity to profoundly change the trajectory of health for humanity.
LBF Area Leadership
The role is a global leadership role that requires a strong external focus on mobilizing coalitions of external partners within the US and Europe/UK and strong execution in Malawi, Ethiopia, Zambia, Tanzania
- Sets aspirational vision, delivers measurable impact through meaningful and measurable annual goals, drives from strategy through implementation to impact.
Leads the design & execution of enterprise LBF strategies to deliver on ultimate aspirations to restore lives and deliver transformational & measurable health impact in underserved populations & resource limited settings
- Maximizes impact of current J&J products and technologies through operating company partnerships, external access programs including tiered pricing, novel distribution channels, innovative marketing & access partnerships with commercial and non-commercial partners
- Leads matrix reporting team to ensure the pipeline of internal and external assets (novel products, & formulations, diagnostics) is leveraged to drive optimal medical and economic impact
- Creates global and catalytic external partnerships to deliver comprehensive solutions (products, delivery partnerships, policy efforts, financing solutions, outcomes measurement). Partners with GPH Operations and partnerships to ensure local execution and delivery of focus area strategy in under-served and often neglected populations where we do not have operating companies engaging in this mission.
- Leads the GPH LBF franchise strategy and is the accountable individual in providing updates to senior leadership, GPH operations committee briefings, and internal and external business partners.
- Seeks early input, alignment and endorsement of strategies prior to execution, from key functions including R&D and Global Operations; actively drives a cross-sector approach to ensuring program design leverages full J&J capabilities for integrated program approach
- Contributes to Johnson & Johnson thought leadership in the external environment, leveraging the expertise and capabilities of our GPH external affairs team as well as working within the guidance of our corporate policy and communications teams. Interacts with multi-lateral organizations, international development & donor organizations/communities; creates and leverages strong external relationships with technical leaders and thought leaders in surgical care.
- Partners with regional & key country leadership to ensure alignment of J&J regional and local businesses with global program strategies.
- Positions the company optimally and competitively to lead in fracture treatment and attract the right strategic collaborations and funding
- Builds and promotes the reputation of Johnson & Johnson through operating in external partnerships and consortia with a focus on driving measurable and meaningful health impact, systematically generating and exploring multiple options and taking into account the interests of all partners, in each and every negotiation.
- People Leadership Internal Stakeholder Management
Education Experience Skills/Competency Profile
Deep insight and Access to KOLs within surgery Strong ability to execute short term & long-term goals/strategies while maintaining an innovation edge Connecting & Influencing
- Leads matrix team, leveraging talent & resources across the enterprise to achieve focus area goals
- Works to ensure team members work across boundaries within Johnson & Johnson, to bring the best enterprise capabilities and bridge global, regional and local organizations in setting strategies and executing programs
- Partners closely with respective GPH Senior Leadership Team members in ensuring buy-in and alignment from the respective areas in program design and delivery
- Connects and influences across sectors to ensure effective stakeholder management and leveraging capabilities and resources to elevate grand challenge program impact
- Frequent membership of Cross-Functional Project teams at Global Management Level is required
- Ability to lead people in different cultures and across geographies, both direct reports and through indirect leadership and influence is required
- Sought out thought leader, with track record of taking leading expert roles in the disease area (e.g. participates on boards, keynote speaker at conferences, guest lecturer) is desirable
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required and a MBA is preferred.
- Master’s degree/PhD in related field (Public Health, medicine, economics, policy or business) desirable
- 10+ years in relevant roles within healthcare (Public Health, industry, healthcare innovation, medical delivery), with demonstrated track -record in driving transformational outcomes through complex matrix partnerships required
- Global experience with multi-cultural or multi-country experience preferred
- Experience in medical devices and/or diagnostics preferred
- Strong leadership and strategic skills; ability to vision the future with respects to anticipating trends, shaping the environment and respond to changes required
- A deep understanding of healthcare, proven success in designing and implementing health care strategies and interventions as well as experience in dealing with multi-lateral, complex organizations required
- Ability to navigate and influence in a complex, global organization is required
- Track record of partnering externally in driving/steering coalitions towards common goals and strategies addressing aspects of public health area is required
- The candidate must exhibit strong business acumen, deep and sound functional expertise in global health, leadership, team building skills and strategic capability.
- Extensive travel will be required to ensure the Access Strategy & Impact Leader is deeply immersed in the enablers and barriers to success of their strategies in resource limited settings and to engage and interact with the diverse stakeholder groups including government, multi-laterals, NGOs and scientific associations.
- Track record of building strong, collaborative relationships and partnering with external organizations to drive health impact through either innovation or delivery is required
- Strong business acumen, action orientation, agility in insight generation and analysis with translation to define strategies and operational plans is required
- Track record of developing and translating insights into program design and innovation is required
- Experience driving programs across geographic and functional / stakeholder boundaries leveraging understanding of personal, cultural, environmental and community nuances and varying needs across global/local geographies is required
- Experience leveraging innovations to drive strategies through to implementation is required
- Ability to quickly speed up or scale up relevant processes for fast and effective execution is required