Data Manager Job, IT Jobs Kenya 2021,
LVCT Health is an established Kenyan NGO that is renowned for its implementation of HIV and health programs at scale in Kenya. Through its vision of Healthy Empowered Communities , LVCT Health is a leader in designing and implementation of innovative HIV prevention and treatment approaches, sexual and reproductive sexual and Gender Based Violence programs reaching the most vulnerable populations. The organization works with government and other stakeholders at national and county levels.
The USAID Stawisha Pwani is a 5-year program funded by the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through the US Agency for International Development (USAID) to increase the use of quality county-led health services in four Coastal counties of Kilifi, Kwale, Mombasa and Taita Taveta. The aim of the program is to strengthen county health systems with a focus on HIV Prevention & Treatment, Family Planning, Reproductive, Maternal, Child and Adolescent Health (FP/ RMNCAH) and Nutrition. The program will support the four county governments toward sustainability in quality and systems of health services. The program objectives are:
- Increased demand for and access to quality HIV prevention
- Increased demand for and access to quality HIV treatment
- Use of quality FP, Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, Child & Adolescent Health and Nutrition services(FP/RMNCAH).
- Strengthened capacity of county health systems, local partners and communities to deliver quality health
We are looking for a dynamic well qualified and motivated individual to join our great team by filling the following vacant position: –
POSITION: Data Manager
REPORTING TO: Strategic Information Manager
LOCATION: Coast Region
The Data Manager will provide day to day management of data issues to the project, giving various approaches to data retrieval, cleaning, collation and preliminary data analysis to identify potential data anomalies. The data manager will also support data quality improvement efforts to the project. The incumbent will ensure availability of quality data for surveillance monitoring, evaluation and learning to the organization, the Ministry of Health, funding agencies and stakeholders at both national and county levels.
The position will be contracted initially for one year inclusive of three months’ probation period and renewable thereafter, depending on availability of funding.
- Lead retrieval, cleaning, collation and organization of data from various sources and organizing it to answer various research questions and for population of summary reports.
- Support development of tailored dashboards and reports for specific audiences depending on their data use needs for program performance assessment and decision
- Write and run appropriate queries from the databases and assist in implementing database developments that meet the data requirements for the
- Test any new data management processes and systems, and advice the HMIS unit on ways to improve
- Prepare quarterly, semi-annual and annual data summaries to be included in reports to the Ministry of Health and funding
- Contribute to the design of collection protocols and/or SOPs.
- Design and approve forms for data
- Support quality improvements by performing descriptive data analysis and data quality assurance checks to detect anomalies and advise the quality improvement teams with action
- Contribute to data quality capacity building efforts within the organization and the Ministry of
- Contribute to dissemination of results through peer-review
- Any other duties as maybe assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or related fields is
- Additional Master’s degree in Public Health, Epidemiology, Demography, Data Science, Statistics, or Biostatistics will be an added advantage.
- Must have least four (4) years of experience in statistical computing with quantitative heath data
- Must be proficient in MS Excel and at least two statistical software packages e.g. Stata, R, SAS, SPSS, and
- Must be able to write and run queries for management and retrieval of data from databases, g. MySQL scripting language syntax.
- Understanding of routine health data and health information systems in
- Understanding of data quality assessment tools and methods, and experience in addressing data quality issues related to routine health information
- Proficiency in analyzing and interpreting routine and non-routine data, and effectively communicating results and
- Knowledge of data analytics and visualization tools, techniques, and
- Excellent problem-solving skills, ability to work with all levels of internal staff and ability to be flexible in handling multiple
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit their applications and CV along with a cover letter expressing interest and indicating Salary history and expectations to [email protected] . The position applied for and reference number should be clearly indicated on the subject line and cover letter.
The closing date is 22 July 2021 . Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
LVCT Health is an equal opportunity employer. Please visit our website www.lvcthealth.org for more information about the organization.
LVCT Health DOES NOT CHARGE any fee whatsoever in any part of the recruitment process.