M & E Manager Job, ,
POSITION: MONITORING & EVALUATION MANAGER – 1 POST,
JOB GROUP: RS 13,
Overall Job Function
Reporting to the Chief of Party, the Monitoring and Evaluation Manager will be responsible for leading the design and implementation of the project monitoring and evaluation framework and information system to track delivery against targets, outcomes and impacts. He/she will lead analysis of data collected for assessment of progress and areas of improvement and overall data management. He/she will guide reporting processes amongst technical staff and consolidates program reports, and promote learning and knowledge sharing of best practices and lessons learned. He/she will support all the technical staff in M&E functions and will manage any M&E related staff in the project.
- Lead the design and implementation of the project’s Performance Monitoring and Evaluation Plan based on USAID requirements.
- Support local partner capacity to use the Child Protection Management Information System (CPMIS), data collection tools, additional program assessments and analytic plans as necessary.
- Ensure an effective data collection and analysis system is rolled out to all staff and partners to ensure the timely completion of M&E activities.
- Ensure that systems developed capture appropriate cost and financial information to enable development and tracking of value for money indicators over the project, including benchmarking information to analyze program effectiveness and cost effective inputs.
- Establish robust data collection, management, and reporting systems for capturing and documenting data and relevant information on project activities and beneficiaries
- Ensure that data collected from project activities and beneficiaries is used to inform programmatic decisions.
- Facilitate Collaborating, Learning and Adapting (CLA) strategies to support the use of data and information from the M&E system for real-time decision-making to improve project implementation.
- Conduct periodic supportive supervision, data review and Data Quality Assessments with county teams, partners, and communities.
- Lead the documentation and reporting of assessments, lessons learned and best practices for dissemination to interested parties.
- Design and coordinate Project Evaluations, Assessments, Operations Research and Other Studies as would be determined from time to time during project life cycle.
- Provide guidance in documentation and dissemination of best practices and lessons learned.
- Prepare high quality, accurate and timely project progress reports to management team, USAID and other stakeholders.
- A Master’s degree in Public Health, demography, biostatistics, Statistics, Monitoring and Evaluation or any other relevant discipline.
- A bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Mathematics, Statistics, Monitoring and Evaluation or any other relevant discipline.
- Minimum of 7 years of work experience with at least 3 – 5 years designing and implementing monitoring and evaluating activities for OVC programs
- PEPFAR M&E experience required, including hands on experience with CPIMS, DATIM, DHIS 2 and other M&E systems in Kenya.
- Demonstrated analytical skills to use real time data to inform quick shifts in project implementation to improve quality and impact.
- Strong writing and organizational skills for monitoring and reporting on project outcomes and impacts.
Terms of Employment
The successful candidates will be employed on 1-year renewable contract terms with a competitive salary and allowances. Candidates who meet these requirements and are interested should submit their applications, copies of certificates together with detailed Curriculum Vitae giving details of their current remuneration to the addresses below:
The Executive Director
AMPATH – Care
P.O. Box 4606– 30100
Applications can also be received at [email protected]
“AMPATH is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to child safe guarding.”
Please note only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.