Monitoring & Evaluation Officer Job, Current NGO Jobs in Kenya 2020,
We believe in a world in which every human life is valued, and health and human dignity are shared by all.
We believe that access to quality healthcare is a basic human right. For more than 100 years, we have worked with
global partners to deliver locally sustainable, quality healthcare solutions to women, children and their
communities. We are ready to make it 100 more.
We believe change starts with her.
We work tirelessly for women’s and children’s health because they are disproportionately affected by illness and
poverty. We know that healthy, educated, and empowered women are better able to raise healthy, educated, and
confident children, and that communities depend on their livelihoods. We’re making an impact – learn more.
Building around a new CHAMPS (CHildren And Mother PartnershipS) model, CMMB will work at both the
community and clinical levels in these targeted communities to strengthen health services and address the
leading causes of maternal and child death. In addition, CMMB will expand its volunteer program to strengthen
health care delivery in CHAMPS-supported facilities and will engage with the pharmaceutical industry to help
meet the needs of CHAMPS communities and facilities.
CMMB is committed to learning and evolving in order to successfully achieve impact in its strategy and will have
strong vertical and horizontal team structures in alignment to the global strategy in order to encourage
accountability, communication, and effective project management.
We believe in people.
We strive to live out our core values of collaboration, love, excellence and respect every day. We provide our
employees with a competitive salary and a meaningful benefits package, with opportunities to learn and grow. We
especially encourage all persons of diverse backgrounds to apply. Read more from our President & CEO below.
The Programs Department plays a critical role in achieving CMMB’s strategy around improving the lives of women and children, by leading the provision of high quality programs focused on children’s and mothers’ health, and particularly in the development and implementation of our CHAMPS model. This team is also responsible for generating revenue from and partnering effectively with government(s), major foundations, and other major donors, and will help to position and enhance CMMB’s technical capacity and reputation in the field of global healthcare.
CMMB has been working in Kenya for almost 15 years. CMMB works to ensure that the most vulnerable populations, especially mothers and children, have access to quality services in health care, health promotion and illness prevention.
Under the leadership of the CHAMPS Coordinator, the M&E Officer will develop and implement the monitoring
and evaluation framework ensuring high quality and timely inputs. He/she will also ensure that CMMB programme
and projects maintain its strategic vision and that its activities result in the achievement of intended results through designing, planning, managing and analyzing projects to ensure cost effective and timely delivery.
- Implement monitoring and evaluation systems and tools for the ongoing review of projects in Kitui South, using approved indicators and targets, to measure progress and make recommendations for improvement.
- Ensure harmonization of monitoring and evaluation system and tools with the Ministry of Health and global monitoring and evaluation systems and tools.
- Work with project team to introduce and implement information systems to ensure proper and accurate collection of performance data from the implementing projects including data capture, analysis, and utilization and archiving.
- Build the capacity of the project team and support them to effectively introduce and maintain the information systems. This includes conducting training and mentorship sessions and evaluation of workshops.
- Together with the program coordinator, facilitate/support CMMB staff in the revision of site-specific work plans and strategies.
- Support regular data collection by ensuring all points of contact are clear on deadlines and reporting requirements.
- Preparing project reports as per the donor/government requirements, including responding to data audits and inquiries from the donor.
- Compile appropriate and disaggregated data and write narrative reports for submissions for website, annual reports, donor reports, other briefings and/or policy documents as required.
- Support implementation of baseline and other surveys, such as project reviews, and mid-term and end-of- project reviews.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with all members of staff, and contacts within and outside the region.
- Participate in M&E regional and national working groups.
- Contribute to proposal writing and quality assurance of log-frames and M&E in proposals.
- Communicate regularly with CMMB headquarters to ensure programmatic compliance, in conjunction with M&E and finance departments.
Qualifications and Experience
- You have a University degree in Monitoring and Evaluation, Statistics, Social sciences, or related field.
- You have a postgraduate course/certificate in Monitoring and Evaluation.
- You have at least 5 years of experience in the design and implementation of M&E/MIS in development projects implemented by national/international NGOs/ Government.
- You have experience in designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis, and production of reports.
- You have proven ICT skills, especially in the development of MIS software using database software.
- You have expertise in analysing data using statistical software.
- You have experience in project management life cycle including proposal writing.
- You have demonstrated quantitative & qualitative data analytical skills.
- You have strong training and facilitation skills.
- You have demonstrable leadership and managerial skills including ability to be a team player.
- You can work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- You are comfortable working for a faith-based organization.
- You believe in CMMB, where we are going, and what we can do together to achieve Healthier Lives Worldwide.
How to apply
Interested applicants should submit their application together with resume/CV to
position applied for on the subject line by 18th August 2020 . Include telephone and email contacts of 3 references
and your daytime telephone/cell phone contact. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted