Radiographer Job, Medical Jobs Kenya 2022,
M.P Shah Hospital is looking to recruit professional, and evidence-driven persons for vacancies in Radiographer (4 – Positions)
Reporting Senior Radiographer, the overall purpose of this role the to use x-rays, ultrasound, and other forms of imaging technology to examine patients and interpret the images and diagnose illnesses and Injuries.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Operate imaging equipment during procedures in order to have a better view of the patient’s body and support evidence-based diagnosis;
- Produce high and good quality diagnostic images whilst keeping the radiation dose as low as possible
- Identify risks and ensure quality control checks are in place to ensure the safety of patients and check and ensure that imaging equipment in good working condition and report any faults or malfunction
- Exposure levels- Continuously monitoring patients through the procedure while following procedures to prevent unnecessary exposure to radiation; calculate length and time of exposure for diagnosis and/or treatment of the affected area by knowing which exposure techniques need to be used
Documentation- Maintain patient documentation, records, and accurate statistical information that reflect care provided and meet professional standards to ensure compliance with the regulations as per Data
Protection Act and Patient Confidentiality codes.
- Maintenance and Repair -Carry out routine daily inspection of equipment and quality assurance procedures Report defects or malfunctions to the Head of the department for maintenance and repair.
- Keep up-to-date with current techniques and developments in radiographic and imaging procedures and take part in in-service training as required. Actively participate in continued professional development.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Diploma in Radiology or Radiography from a recognized institution.
- Minimum of 3 years in radiography experience preferably in a hospital environment.
- Certification by the appropriate Radiology council of Kenya.
- Must have an in-depth understanding of safety guidelines.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates in the above position are encouraged to forward their CVs and application letters on or before 10th August 2022.