- Company: Mideva Labs
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Sales/Marketing Jobs in Kenya
We are an innovation and co-creation lab.We catalyze and help bring to life innovative solutions that addresses today’s real business and society needs.We are enabling organizations concept new products, services and programs while creating an enabling environment for entrepreneurs and innovators to thrive.Our collaborative platform brings together challenge owners, challenge sponsors, entrepreneurs, incubators, accelerators, mentors, experts and investors in co-creating sustainable innovations.
Who we are looking for
Our team is looking for an individual who will help drive brand awareness for Mideva’s programs through creative and engaging digital marketing initiatives. The individual will also take a lead role in the planning and execution of all marketing and communication needs related to brand awareness, events, social media, and public relations. The ideal candidate is someone who understands the extensive details of marketing and is familiar with ways to analyze market research and customers’ behavior. This individual will help develop, execute, and monitor marketing programs across a variety of channels. They also contribute to the development of marketing and branding educational content for venture building programs that Mideva Labs has.
You will be joining the team for an initial contract period of 6 months, working for an average of 35 hours per week, with an extension thereafter.
As part of the Mideva Labs family, you will be doing work that matters alongside experienced, young, dynamic and passionate team members in an environment that is flexible, high energy and one that offers opportunities to craft your own path for greatness.
What you will be doing
You will be able to develop and execute marketing plans to increase company brand awareness to the public and reach out to potential customers to promote our services. You will also be part of a project team that is delivering marketing, branding and storytelling content for innovators teams.
Once here, from time to time and depending on the priority, you will:
- Develop a deep understanding of our project and programs and each of their end users highlighting our Human-centered design process
- Create awareness of the Mideva brand and our work in the East Africa region and beyond through actively seeking events and speaking opportunities
- Support the team in building and executing marketing strategy through competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging and audience identification
- Support content development for social media platforms and the Mideva’s website – developing marketing copy for campaigns, collateral, case studies, and newsletters
- Work with design teams to capture stories of our work for website, proposals, and media pitches
- Collaborate with teams across the organization to ensure brand consistency on all external-facing communications and providing proofreading and editing support to teams, helping polish presentations, publications, reports and other external-facing assets
- Support knowledge management; ensuring consistency in how we capture, track, and archive stories about our work
- Support writing and editing of key internal communications, in collaboration with the Leadership teams
- Collaborate with external PR agencies and media houses to develop/pitch stories about our work, as needed
- Provide your marketing expertise in the design and development of various Mideva projects
- Contribute to the overall organizational culture, strategy and approaches.
What you bring
- You are someone with 3 years hands-on marketing experience
- You have deep experience in marketing and branding in the context of training programs and experience in external and internal communications.
- You have some experience leading a team and partnering with clients to bring a variety of concepts and products to life and to market.
- You’re a great writer comfortable crafting compelling marketing copy across a range of mediums
- You’re deeply knowledgeable and insightful about digital marketing approaches with experience using data and metrics to measure impact
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit and you’re able to switch seamlessly between self-directed independent work and highly collaborative teamwork
- You’re passionate about tackling some of the world’s most complex social challenges—like reproductive health access, refugee rights, and financial inclusion—and are excited about the role design and creativity can play in solving them
- You’re proactive and organized, but comfortable with ambiguity and aren’t afraid when things get a little messy
- You are mindful of cultural nuances, and open to feedback from people with different points of view
- You are familiarized with Google Analytics, Miro, Zoom, Google Workspace, Canva
- You prioritize well and are able to manage multiple projects at once