- Company: Branch
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Sales/Marketing Jobs in Kenya
Branch is looking for an entrepreneurial, hands-on marketing leader to help Branch become the leading digital bank in Kenya and Tanzania. Given the high market awareness of Branch in Kenya, this means re-introducing Kenyans to Branch 2.0. Branch 1.0 is instant loans — widely popular in Kenya. Branch 2.0 is our full-service digital banking offering — including market-leading high yield savings, free payment transfers, and more.
In this role, you’ll help manage the day-to-day operations of our performance marketing channels, with a focus on mobile acquisition on Search, Social, Display, and Affiliates. You’ll work cross-functionally with our Marketing, Operations, Data Science, and Product teams to creatively and efficiently drive customer acquisition and profitability. You’ll own testing roadmaps for creative and conversion optimization as well as new channel launches. This role is a unique opportunity to develop a global performance marketing skill-set in fast-paced and diverse markets.
- Take on the entire growth strategy and acquisition in the Kenya market including (but not limited to) lending, wallets, investments, and any future products that Branch will be launching.
- Promote multi-product usage of the customers of Branch and increase the monthly active usage.
- Build internal systems and processes to scale Kenya’s marketing operations, including contributing to forward-looking growth projections and budgets
- Collaborate with in-country teams to conduct customer studies, market research, and competitive analyses across all of our markets
- Develop value proposition and strategic messaging frameworks for key customer touchpoints and implement processes to ensure consistency and quality in all customer communications
- Build and test multi-channel lifecycle and social media communication programs, including running experiments to evaluate new channels and content
- Coordinate with agencies to direct the development of creative assets, including video, digital, and landing pages, for developing and executing go-to-market plans for new product launches
- Work with the leadership and in-country teams to develop and maintain a consistent and distinct brand identity
- Handle the overall Social Media strategy and calendar while working with internal designers or external agencies.
- We prefer someone who has a deep understanding of consumer financial services/banking / fintech
- You have at least 5 years of experience in growth marketing and/or digital advertising across a variety of channels with a strong focus on mobile acquisition
- You have a demonstrated track record of developing and executing A/B tests, as well as a love of analyzing and translating data into business and consumer insights
- You have demonstrated ownership and in-depth experience with at least one digital acquisition channel
- You have a deep understanding of marketing attribution and strong analytical skills, including expertise with Excel and familiarity with SQL is desirable
- You are highly entrepreneurial and have proven ability to teach yourself new skills and demonstrated the initiative to solve problems before they arise
- You know that startups are a team sport and have a natural desire to listen to others, speak your mind, and ask the right questions
Benefits of Joining
- Mission-driven, fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment
- Competitive salary and equity package
- A collaborative and flat company culture
- Fully-paid Premium Plan medical coverage (Optical, dental, Outpatient, and Inpatient)
- Industry-leading Paid Time Off
- Generous child bonding leave policy
- Discretionary trips to our offices across the globe, with global travel medical insurance (when it’s safe to travel!)
- Flexible working hours
- Team meals and social events (virtual for now!)