Marketing & PR Manager Job, Current Sales & Marketing Jobs,
Designed, engineered and built in Kenya, Mobius Motors sells highly durable, highly affordable vehicles for Africa’s mass market. Versatile, rugged and durable, it is designed for African cities whilst still being extremely capable off-road. We are seeking to hire an exceptional Marketing & PR Manager interested in a truly unique entrepreneurial opportunity to create impact on a global scale as part of our Commercial Team. This role will oversee market intelligence, multi-channel communications, public relations as well as media planning & execution.
The Commercial team ensures within the given budget, resources and other influencing parameters that Mobius Motors has unmatched end-to-end customer experience that reinforces the brand and builds enduring loyalty. This encompasses the following areas:
- Marketing – Customer insight-driven go-to-market strategy built around high-impact brand building and efficient execution that resonates with our customers
- Sales – Optimised, strategic sales tools, performance management, and resource deployment to serve our customers
- Network + Distribution – Scalable high-performance network executing disciplined sales and service operations to provide a high-quality, seamless customer experience and a consistent brand experience
- Aftersales – Market-leading service operations executed with speed, quality and customer-first commitment Every member of the Commercial team takes responsibility for supporting the business needs above, which may require expanding responsibilities as needed, additional learning, and tackling new professional challenges beyond what is reflected in this Job Description.
Functional Areas Responsibilities
- Marketing Strategy: Define and oversee the implementation of long- & short-term marketing strategies in line with company objectives.
- Marketing KPIs: Ensure detailed reporting on marketing & sales KPIs driving the analysis to maximize ROI and to understand & manage profit-loss risks.
- Product Launch: Lead the launch of new products and coordinate the efforts of all the involved departments.
- Marketing Analysis: Research demand potential and competitors, identify and engage potential customers, nurture prospects and increase customers’ loyalty.
PR Communication Strategy
- PR Activities: Direct and control PR communication activities in order to enhance the company’s reputation among the public, the media and journalists, as well as the employees.
- Relationship Management: Build firm relationships with media and journalists, especially those in influential positions
- Marketing Liaison: Liaise with and answer enquiries from the media, individuals and other organizations, often via telephone, emails and face-to-face.
- Press Releases: Research, write and distribute press releases, and follow ups among media & journalists.
- Media Coverage Analysis: Collate and analyze media coverage results to help gauge the brand health in market.
- Events Management: Plan and execute press events including press conferences, exhibitions, motor shows, test drives, and press tours.
- Content Development: Prepare and supervise the production of publicity brochures, handouts, promotional videos, photographs, films and multimedia programs to get aligned with the company’s brand direction in a consistent way.
- Corporate Website: Oversee and assist to maintain and update information on the corporate website.
- Social Media: Develop and implement an integrated social media strategy – create original text and video content, manage posts and respond to followers ensuring high levels of web traffic and customer engagement.
- Budgeting: Manage the overall communications activities budget – campaigns, events, digital & social marketing, retail activation, leads management, media buying, PR, market research – always negotiating to secure the best output at the lowest cost.
- Customer Experience:Work closely with Sales department to improve the customers experience at POS and increase the efficiency of the sales process.
- Culture: Contribute to building a corporate culture that is sensitive and responsive to how the company and brands are being perceived by the public through media and journalists.
- Cross-functional Projects: Initiate and lead cross-functional projects that can improve the brand positioning.
- Community Relations: Foster community relations through events and through involvement in community initiatives.
- Leadership: Maintain an organisational climate that attracts, retains, and motivates top quality personnel through effective performance management, coaching, and mentorship.
- Training: Maintain a proactive training plan in collaboration with HR for the team to ensure the team delivers an efficient and competitive customer service.
Knowledge & Skills Description Academic & Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor’sdegree in Management, Sales & Marketing, Business Administration, Economics or comparable
- Additional certificates are desirable
Functional Knowledge & Skills
- Proven experience in marketing- min 10 years/ preferably in the automotive sector – with recorded achievements
- A creative and strategic mindset with a solid ownership of the fundamental numbers (KPI, Budget, Sales, Market share)
- An enthusiastic leader to motivate and drive every stakeholder towards ambitious goals
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven experience in PR with recorded achievements, including close relationships with leading media & journalists
- Detail oriented, highly organized, and accurate in all work
- Excellent relationship management and interpersonal skills esp. with external partners and customers
- The highest level of integrity and accountability
- Proven ability and experience in managing and leading high-performance teams
- Ability to effectively communicate timelines and project progress with both internal and external management teams
- A start-up personality; entrepreneurial, ambitious, independent, detail oriented, proactive, flexible, and resilient
- Excellent problem solving and analytical ability in cross-functional and multi-cultural environment; able to define problems, collect relevant data, extract meaning and draw valid conclusions
- Valid Driving License
How To Apply
To apply for any of the roles below, please send your CV and a covering letter to [email protected]