Mechanical Fitter Job, Current Engineering Jobs in Kenya 2020,
Title: Mechanical Fitters,
Overall Purpose Of The Job
To ensure that all company machines are in good working condition and that all break downs are attended too on time to avoid counterproductive down times. Provide support to the shift based teams during operations and assist shift based teams with situational problem solving.
- Daily servicing/maintenance of all machines.
- Installing any new machines at the factory.
- Ensuring timely repair of any machine that has broken down.
- Alter and modify design to meet requirements and to eliminate malfunctions. Work with the maintenance team leader in ensuring that spare parts are documented and new ones ordered on need basis
- Resolve factory breakdowns in a structured manner ensuring that recurrence is completely eliminated assist machine operators in machine inspection during cleaning (cleaning in place) while ensuring that lubrication is performed appropriately and as per lubrication schedule.
- Carry out routine/preventative and reactive maintenance on all mechanical aspects of the plant in a safe and efficient manner.
- Diploma in mechanical engineering.
- Basic machine trouble shooting skills
- Minimum of three years’ experience as a Mechanical Fitter in manufacturing Industry.
Skills & Competencies
- Must be able to set up, operate, and perform preventative maintenance on machine
- Must have basic leadership skills required to give fitter assistants simple directions.
- General knowledge of health, safety and environmental regulations.
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with little direction.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
How to apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Mechanical Fitter) to [email protected] or [email protected] before Friday 14 th August 2020.
N.B: Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.