Medical Counsellor Job, Latest Medical Jobs,
We are seeking for dynamic, competent and highly talented individuals to fill the following vacant positions:-
Position: Medical Counsellor (1 Position),
Reports: Head of Clinical Services,
Provision and promotion of mental health and well-being, counselling, education and guidance to staff, clients of St. Luke’s Orthopaedic and Trauma hospital.
- Provide individual, family and group counselling to clients as needed or assigned.
- Work to prevent, diagnose and treat mental disorders.
- Consult with other professionals to discuss therapies, treatments, counseling resources, or techniques, and to share occupational information.
- Develop therapeutic and treatment plans based on clients’ interests, abilities, and needs.
- Refer clients to specialists or to other institutions for non-counselling treatment of problems.
- Conduct psychological assessments and compile professional reports in a timely fashion.
- Provide therapeutic interventions, consultation and monitoring of the effectiveness of clinical interventions.
- Support clients to identify and to take concrete steps towards their goals.
- Maintain client records
- Participate and serve in Clinical Committees such as Mortality, Clinical Audit, Infection Control, Waste Management and other health committees.
- Bill patients for all services given
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Diploma or Degree in Medical Counselling and Psychology from a recognized institution.
- Registration by relevant regulatory authority/body.
- Over three years of experience in Mental Health and wellbeing, counselling and testing, preferably in a secondary care hospital setting.
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and work both collaboratively and independently to meet deadlines.
- Confidentiality and integrity in the profession.
- Listening Skills.
- Sensitivity and empathy.
- Ability to cope with emotional situations.
- Ability to relate with a wide range of people.
How to Apply
Suitable candidates who meet the above requirements should submit their applications, detailed CVs and academic documents before 20th December 2020 to:
Hard copies will not be accepted and only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted. St. Luke’s Orthopaedic and Trauma Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer.N.B: Would you like us to consider you for a job opening? Boost your job search. . It's FREE