Medical Officer Job, Medical Jobs In Kenya 2020,
CRITICAL CARE UNIT – REF: MOCCU/08/20,
Reporting to the Team Leader – CCU, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing curative, superior interventional and preventative medical care in the critical care unit.
- Ethically reviewing and instituting appropriate therapeutic interventions for patients admitted to critical care units or requiring critical care across the hospital.
- Reviewing patients in other units where CCU/HDU support is needed and making appropriate decisions on interventions required.
- Performing medical procedures expected of a CCU Medical Officer.
- Ensuring that high standards of diagnostic accuracy and patient care are maintained
- Preparing medical reports and other clinical documents as required
- Ensuring professionalism and timeliness in handling of clients at both individual and departmental level
- Participating in continuous medical education and the development of departmental clinical protocols, quality improvement plans, and initiatives
- Participating in research, clinical audits and review programmes for the department
- Ensuring consistency in the clinical protocols and provision of care.
Assisting in coaching and mentoring of nursing staff on various aspects of critical care and management of critical illness.
- Ensuring regular and adequate communication with patients and relatives on clinical progress.
- Advocating for excellent patient care and outcomes.
- Provision of seamless professional interaction with admitting staff in managing patients in critical care.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery
- 1-year work experience post internship
- Valid private practice and annual license
- Advance Cardiac Life Support, Advance Trauma Life Support, Paediatric Advanced Life Support (added advantage).
- Sound diagnostic skills and judgment
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills
- Effective communication skills
- Detailed oriented and good interpersonal relations.
- Must be well organized and have the ability to plan ahead and deal with care issues as they arise.
- Must be thorough and proactive to ensure quality care and positive outcome.
- Must be able to work closely with a multi-disciplinary team.
How To Apply
NB: If your background, experience and competence match the above specifications, please send us your application (cover letter & CV/Resume) quoting the job reference number and to reach the undersigned not later than Friday 28 th August 2020 . Your CV/Resume MUST include full names and contact details of 3 referees.
- ONLY ONLINE applications will be accepted and ONLY SHORTLISTED candidates will be contacted.
- Candidates invited for interviews will be required to present both originals and clear copies (where applicable) of the following documents:
- National I.D.
- KRA PIN Certificate
- Current Colored Passport Photo
- NSSF Card
- NHIF Card
- Valid Certificate of Good Conduct
- Academic and Professional Certificates
- Certificates of Service from previous employers
HUMAN RESOURCES DIRECTOR
THE NAIROBI HOSPITAL
P.O. BOX 30026 – 00100
Mail: [email protected]