Medical Laboratory Technologist Jobs, Laboratory Technologist Jobs, Medical Jobs, MTRH Jobs
JOB GRADE, MTRH 10
- Implementation of the Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists Board Act, CAP 253A of 1999, and as amended in 2000.
- Provision of safe blood transfusion services.
- Management of blood and blood products.
- Conduct diagnostic laboratory interventions in liaison with health care stakeholders.
- Ensure biosafety and biosecurity practices of medical laboratory services.
- Maintenance of medical workshop records and information, and provision of quality assurance and control in medical laboratory services.
Medical Laboratory Technologist responsibilities include:
- Decontaminating working benches;
- Receiving and scrutinizing laboratory requisition forms/specimens;
- Preparing clients for collection of specimens;
- Receiving/collecting, labeling and registering of specimens;
- Transfer specimens to specific sections for processing and analysis:
- Preparing reagents;
- Examining specimens;
- Writing and recording of results;
- Dispatching the results for clinical management;
- Preparing stains;
- Performing blood Grouping;
- Issuing blood and blood products to peripheral health facilities; and
- Storing blood products according to their requirements
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:
- Diploma in Medical Laboratory Sciences or equivalent qualification from an institution recognized by the Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists Board.
- Registration Certificate issued by the Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists Board (KMLTTB).
- Valid practicing license from Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists Board.
- Proficiency in computer Applications, and
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of The Constitution of Kenya, 2010.
- Effective communication skills.
- High standards of professional ethics.
- Responsive, prompt and effective provision of services.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Good time management.
- Team player.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Client service support and public relations.
How To Apply
The successful candidates will still be entitled to applicable allowances to these grades.
If you are innovative, self-starter, results-oriented individual and you meet the above requirements, please send six (6) hard copies of your application with detailed C.V, together with certified copies of your relevant academic/professional testimonials and three (3) letters from referees of whom two (2) must be from your profession to:
Chief Executive Officer
Moi Teaching and Referral Hospital
Chandaria Cancer and Chronic Disease Centre
P O Box 3-30100
The deadline for submitting full applications will be on Friday, 31st May 2019 at 5:00 pm.
Moi Teaching and Referral Hospital is an equal opportunity Employer. Women, Persons Living with Disability (PLWDs) and those from Marginalized Areas are encouraged to apply.
Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification and only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted for interviews.