Medical Nuclear Physicist Jobs, Physics Jobs, KUTRRH Jobs
Department: Clinical Services
Section/Unit: Radiology and Imaging
Reports to: Oncologist
Reporting to the Oncologist, the Medical Nuclear Physicist job exists to use analytical and applied scientific technical support to medical specialists for safe nuclear radiology diagnosis and radiotherapy treatment of patients in the hospital, and advise the hospital and the public on the same at KUTRRH.
- Apply their knowledge of applied physics, mathematics and biomedical technology to specialized medical equipment that helps examine, diagnose and treat cancer patients in the hospital.
- Use a variety of analytical computer aided and bioengineering techniques such as x-ray imaging, ultrasound, tomography, radiology, nuclear magnetic resonance imaging and lasers to support radiologists and radiographers and ultra-sonographers in making very precise diagnosis among patients in the hospital.
- Use analytical, computer-aided and bioengineering techniques such as radiation therapy to support radiation oncologists and other radiotherapists in treating their patients in the hospital.
- Work with patients and with a wide range of medical, technical and administrative staff in applying their analytical skills in detecting and preventing radiation leak, exposure and poisoning in the hospital.
- Work in radiotherapy, nuclear technology or medical imaging in order to ensure optimal equipment performance in order to advise and help protect against radiation hazards in hospital.
- Conduct research, develop, implement and evaluate new analytical technology and techniques of new instrumentation or imaging techniques and write reports, and advise the on the same in the hospital.
- Conduct research and training and updating nuclear diagnosis and treatment healthcare, scientific and technical staff, interns and students in the hospital.
- Manage radiology, nuclear imaging and radiation therapy machines and equipment in the hospital.
- Formulate, review, manage, implement and evaluate, and sustain nuclear, radiology and radiotherapy quality assurance programmes in collaboration with the Radiation Safety Officer of the hospital.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Physics, or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- At least two years working experience as Medical Nuclear Physicist in reputable hospital.
- Registration with any appropriate regulatory or professional body.
- Computer literate.
- Knowledge of relevant legislations.
- Knowledge of professional standards.
- Proven track record of clinical research and training in a reputable institution.
Soft skills required for the job:
- Communication skills
- Analytical skills
- Observation skills
- Team player
How to Apply
If your background and competencies match the specifications of any of these posts, please send your
- Application Letter,
- Curriculum Vitae and
- Filled Application Form
Download the Job Job Application Form .
ONLY via email to email@example.com
Or hard copies can be addressed to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenyatta University Teaching, Referral & Research Hospital
P.O Box 7674 – 00100 GPO
The deadline for the receipt of all applications is Monday 5th August 2019