- Company: Novartis
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Data Science / Research Jobs in Kenya
Novartis provides healthcare solutions that improve and extend people’s lives. We use science-based innovation to address some of society’s most challenging healthcare issues. We discover and develop breakthrough treatments and find new ways to deliver them to as many people as possible. Our company is focused on industry-leading divisions with innovation power and global scale: pharmaceuticals, eye care and generic medicines Novartis is headquartered in Basel, Switzerland. Novartis Group companies employ approximately 120,000 associates and its products are available in more than 180 countries around the world. Our Mission and Vision Our mission is to discover new ways to improve and extend people’s lives. Our vision is to be a trusted leader in changing the practice of medicine. Our Values Strong values define our culture and help us execute the Novartis strategy in line with our mission and vision.
- Engage with Medical Experts (MEs) to educate on medical/scientific information.
- Ensure appropriate identification/mapping of MEs/ Key Accounts including identification of opportunities to involve MEs when a specific medical need is identified to provide support.
- Develop and execute ME engagement plans to effectively prioritize and strategically engage MEs aligned with country strategy.
- Respond to unsolicited requests for information from MEs – Inform and shape medical strategy by collecting impactful insights from MEs.
- Support Novartis clinical research programs, optimize trial execution and provide scientific educational support to potential and actual study sites in collaboration with clinical operations.
- Facilitate Investigator Initiated Trial (IIT) process upon investigator request.
- Serve as a medical resource to field matrix colleagues.
What will you bring to the role?
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent and demonstrated interpersonal skills: ability to understand and respond to multiple external and internal customers’ demands is required.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a significant volume of projects developed in a field-based environment, while exhibiting the ability to prioritize, provide oversight, demonstrate excellent judgmental skills and work in a continuous improvement environment.
- Ability to work within a matrixed, multi-disciplinary team to foster strong customer professional relationships and which are aligned with Novartis business objectives.
- Maintain self-awareness and continually choose behaviors and responses based on how it impacts one’s own and others’ performance and engagement.
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams representative of the patients and communities we serve.
- 2-3 years of experience in health sciences or a field medical position within the pharmaceutical industry is preferred.
- Strong clinical knowledge including pharmacotherapy, medical knowledge of relevant strategic products, treatment guidelines, clinical research processes, medical expert engagement strategies and ethical guidelines applied to the pharmaceutical industry is preferred.
- Operations Management and Execution.
- Collaborating across boundaries.
- Medical Education and Scientific Engagement