- Company: DanChurchAid (DCA)
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nakuru
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Kenya
DanChurchAid (DCA) is working in Turkana, West Pokot, Baringo, Elgeyo Marakwet, Nyandarua, Nakuru, Busia and Siaya counties with refugees and local communities to enhance peace, livelihoods and resilience. DCA implements projects directly as well as through local partner organizations.
DCA is seeking to recruit an experienced and energetic Kenyan National for the following position: Micro-Insurance Research Assitant; The position is based in Nakuru County, and reports to the Area Program Manager.
The main responsibilities of the Research Assitant – MicroInsurance :
- Lead in undertaking detailed research analysis work to establish an in-depth understanding of the potential market for comprehensive microinsurance (health, life, crops, livestock, fire etc.) insurance products.
- Research on, establish and maintain strong linkages with key institutional sources of expertise on micro-insurance.
- Assess the policy, legal and regulatory framework to identify any potential gaps in deployment and adoption of microinsurance in Kenya.
- Assist in the documentation of the micro-insurance landscape in Kenya, possible results, impact, best practices, and significant changes. Document learnings and best practices; disseminate learnings, reports, publications and participate in learning sessions, and ensuring that the lessons learnt are utilized to inform contextualisation, integration and roll-out of micro-insurance into DCA programming
- Relevant qualifications in social sciences (bachelors degree in economics, banking, insurance and other related studies). Postgraduate Students from reputable insitutions in Kenya are highly encouraged to apply.
- Should have thorough knowledge and experience from the relevant industry/sector as well as knowledge of regulatory requirements affecting the Insurance sector
- Should have strong analytical skills with demonstratable skills in qualititative and quantitative research and communication
- Strong skills in data analysis, both qualitative and quantitative data analysis with software such as MS-Excel, R, Stata, NVIVO and other data management software – is an added advantage.
- Strong presentation/speaking skills and ability to build strong professional relationships
- Demonstrated ability in community mobilisation and community-level dialogue.
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills.
- Strong report writing skills
- Self-motivation, creativity and an ability to perform without close supervision.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English is required.