- Company: National Environment Management Authority
- Location: Kenya
- State: Kenya
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Data Science / Research Jobs in Kenya
The National Environment Management Authority (NEMA), is established under the Environmental Management and Co-ordination Act No. 8 of 1999 (EMCA) as the principlal instrument of Goverment for the implementation of all policies relating to environment . EMCA 1999 was enacted against a backdrop of 78 sectoral laws dealing with various components of the environment, the deteriorating state of Kenya’s environment, as well as increasing social and economic inequalities, the combined effect of which negatively impacted on the environment. The supreme objective underlying the enactment of EMCA 1999 was to bring harmony in the management of the country’s environment.
About the Project
The Authority has received financing from Global Environment Facility (GEF) through World Bank for implementation of Environmental Health and Pollution Management Program (EHPMP -Kenya). This is part of a regional five-year project covering five countries – Ghana, Kenya, Senegal, Tanzania and Zambia. For Kenya, the objective of the project is to strengthen the institutional capacity to manage and regulate e-waste and related UPOPs in Kenya. NEMA is the executing agency for the project EHPMP.
Job Responsibilities for The Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist
The Responsibilities for this position include:
- In collaboration with the Project Coordinator & the project team, the officer will design, implement and analyse quarterly and annual monitoring system/data, based on the Government of Kenya, World Bank and GEF requirements.
- Coordinate & mange dashboard and advise the project coordinating unit about the key changes observed on a regular basis.
- Collaborate with Project team to implement & maintain monitoring and evaluation systems project
- Implement & analyse periodic data based on field observation & need
- Train & mentor staff to help them develop necessary knowledge & skill sets to run methodologically strong evaluations in their project components & ensure adherence to M&E standard practices, policies & specifications
- Synthesize & analyse data & write M&E reports by program based on the M&E results as provided in the project implementation manual.
- Identify key issues around project quality & links between monitoring & evaluation & quality assurance & improvement.
- Work with Project Coordinating Unit team to codify best practices that they can be shared across regional program countries.
- Innovate new M&E systems in order to continuously improve project implementation.
- Travel to project sites to oversee the implementation of M&E work, train staff and maintain understanding of current stage of development of project M&E & identify where & how M&E practice requires improvement & investment
- Stay informed about research & trends in the area of monitoring & evaluation & recommend improvements to project systems accordingly.
Job Requirements for The Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist
- Proficiency in computer applications
Proven competency in
- Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning
- Monitoring and Evaluation systems
- Project information database
- Monitoring and Evaluation training modules
- Regular Technical Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Reports that meet the project and World Bank standards
- Strong analytical skills
- Report writing skills
- Skilled in data management system
- Communication skills proficiency
- Workshops presentations
- Team Player
- Demonstrated competence in work performance: and
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter six of the Constitution
- Bachelor’s degree in Monitoring and Evaluation
- Master’s degree in any of the following fields: Monitoring and Evaluation and Project Management will be an added advantage
- At least Seven (7) years relevant working experience in Monitoring and Evaluation