Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Specialist Job, NGO Kenyan Job Vacancies 2021,
Amref Health Africa in Kenya seeks a qualified Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Specialist for an
upcoming USAID-funded opportunity in Kenya, the Health Systems Strengthening Activity. The five-year
activity will focus on strengthening health system strengthening. This position will be based in Nairobi,
Kenya. We are looking for individuals who are committed to exceeding expectations and who strive to
improve the lives of people worldwide. This position is contingent upon funding and selection of the final
candidate will be subject to USAID approval
The MEL Specialist will report to the COP and will be responsible for tracking the implementation of the
M&E plan for the project. The MEL Specialist will work closely with all staff to track project
implementation, at cost, time and quality. This position is for an upcoming award being solicited through
USAID/Kenya & East Africa to promote evidence-based health policies development and implementation
for improved quality and equity of health care services.
This Activity will primarily focus on strengthening health partnerships as a method to improving Kenya’s
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for tracking implementation of the approved work plan and M&E plan at cost, time, and quality.
- Oversee the implementation, track and provide regular status on the M&E Plan (framework, indicator sheets) and project annual work plan.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance in Project Contractual reporting and implementation of the collaborative learning and adaptive (CLA) plan/ learning agenda.
- Ensure compliance in donor reporting on a quarterly and annual basis through submission of quality front office, quarterly progress, program specific and annual reports.
- Ensure timely and quality reporting by the sub-Awards on a quarterly and annual basis.
- Conduct analysis for routine donor reporting and ad-hoc requests including special analysis such as gender and sustainability in the wake of Journey to Self – Reliance.
- Operationalize a project CLA approach by leading its implementation as per the M&E plan and regularly share the same with the donor as part of progress reporting.
- Monitor implementation of learning agenda for identification of best practices and lessons learned and for adaptive management (quarterly).
- Support development of the project work plan; external evaluation, operational research.
- Provide Technical assistance to develop and implement project data collection processes that may include annual pulse assessments, County Transition readiness assessments, data-informed annual work planning; qualitative Index monitoring of the project sustainability and maturity plans.
- Track and provide status on project evaluation and performance management plan (EPMP), and mid-term and end-term implementation of the same. Provide a Quarterly progress on the project EPMP.
- Support project work planning to ensure it adheres to the PerformanceMonitoring Plan (PMP).
- Support to Project Knowledge management and communication (KM/Comms).
- Provide data and information to the Knowledge Management/Communication Specialist.
- Participate in identifying and documenting project success stories.
- Establish and maintain project management information systems (MIS). At all times ensure project management tools such as Daily tracker, Work plan Trackers, Annual Benchmark Tracker, among others are updated on-time, provide regular updates to the entire project team on a weekly, monthly etc.
- Ensure implementation of the project data quality assurance and improvement processes and intervention for the programs including digital health solutions (Maintaining of the standards).
- Ensure adherence to USAID reporting requirements through ad-hoc and regular reporting.
- Establish and maintain a project database or project management information system.
- Master’s Degree (minimum) in Public Health or related field.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in an M&E position for a USAID project.
- Appropriate software skills necessary in use of project management software, such as MS Project or equivalent.
- Strong written and oral communication skills for high-level policy audiences especially at county level.
- Excellent coordination, and information management skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and skilled in change management, crisis management, and problem solving.
- Ability and willingness to travel frequently within Kenya and work under field conditions
How to apply
Interested? submit your application which should include a cover letter detailing why you are the best fit for this position and your CV with relevant skills and experience.
Indicate Ref: MEL Specialist- Anticipated Funding and email to [email protected] Closing date 10th
September 2021Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB: 2. How Can I Advance In My Career? The Secret Is To Learn New Skills . .