Moringa Shop Attendants Job, Latest Sales & Marketing Kenyan Job Vacancies,
Job Title: Moringa Shop Attendants (3 positions),
Job location: Emali, Sultan Hamud and Masimba towns in both Makueni and Kajiado Counties,
Ref: No. EMFCS 01/2021,
To promote the moringa value chain, EMUKA Moringa Farmers’ Cooperative Society Limited has been partnering with Emali Dedicated Children Agency and ChildFund Kenya through New zealand government funded project. EMUKA Moringa Farmers’ Cooperative is a start-up producer and marketing organization based in Emali Town, operating in both Makueni and Kajiado Counties, in Kenya. The EMUKA moringa cooperative currently has over 100 small scale farmers who are delivering moringa products to Mwanyani, Mulala and Kwa Kakulu zones in Makueni County for value addition into moringa leaf powder, moringa cosmetic oil, moringa body scrub, moringa liquid, and bathing soap and moringa capsules. The value added and packaged products are then transferred to the marketing outlets for sale.
The number of farmers delivering moringa products is expected to grow to over 700 with the intensive marketing of the value added moringa products in the three outlets.
The Moringa Shop attendant will undertake all the activities pertaining to the stocking and restocking, formation and strengthening of customer relations together with sensitizing the customers on the use and benefits of the various moringa products that will be in the shop. He/she will be responsible for all the shop records and will from time to time advise the EMUKA Moringa Farmers’ Cooperative Society Manager and the Board on the new moringa marketing strategies to employ so as increase on the sales and the customer base.
- Perform all duties as assigned by the Supervisor or delegated authority and in accordance with the EMUKA Moringa Farmers’ Cooperative policies.
- Keep the shop inventory records updated such that at any point in time the shop is fully stocked
- Advise the EMUKA Moringa Farmers’ Cooperative Society Board on the new moringa products to diversify into, in order to satisfy all the moringa needs of customers
- Create and execute new moringa marketing strategies in conjunction with the cooperative manager and the board and keep upto date records of the existing and potential moringa customers with an aim of increasing the moringa customer base
- Keep up to date daily sales and expenses records and give a report to the supervisor at every close of the business day.
- Liaise with all the relevant authorities to make sure that the shop adheres to all the regulatory requirements.
- Any other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor or delegated authority.
Skills & Qualifications
- Certificate in Sales and Marketing or any other related field
- At least 1 year sales experience
- Prior experience working in an herbal shop will be an added advantage
- Computer literacy skills
- Good communication, negotiation and people skills
- Knowledge of the area of operation and the local dialect
- Basic record keeping skills
- Familiarity with moringa products, uses and benefits
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should submit their application letters and Curriculum Vitae stating contacts of 3 professional referees. Applications need to be sent via email [email protected] or dropped at Emali Dedicated Children’s Agency offices, Emali. Envelopes should be clearly marked as “application” and addressed to:
EMUKA Moringa Farmers’ Cooperative Society Ltd,
P.O. Box 249-90121,
All applications are open up to 25th June 2021 at 1700hrs.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Those shortlisted will be required to produce a current (not more than 3 months) police certificate of good conduct.
Successful candidates will be required to produce a food handlers’ public health certificate.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.N.B: DONT Miss Out On Your Next JOB. Register Your CV With US. .