Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. We work in over 60 countries, offering assistance to people based on need, irrespective of origin, religion, creed or political affiliation.
MSF Operational Centre Brussels is looking for a:
Procurement Manager, Kenya (m/f/x)
Kenya Supply Unit (KSU) is the intersectional regional supply unit in Eastern Africa. At KSU we procure, store, and distribute medical and logistic items to the various MSF missions in the East African region and sometimes outside that region. Our services include also clearing and forwarding [import, export, and goods in transit], and handling of international freights coming from MSF Supply, MSF Logistics, and international supplier which pass through our Export Processing Zone.
KSU is financed by OCB but have an intersectional approach. However, by Kenyan law we are part of OCB Kenya Mission and therefore the OCB Kenya HoM is the referral point and responsible for all legal related matters.
Line Management for all managerial and supply related activities and developments come from the OCB Supply Chain director who works in HQ. Currently there are 2 projects ongoing to optimise MSF’s Supply Chain for our Missions and will determine our future strategy. The Procurement Manager will play a big part in this upcoming chance.
The Procurement Manager should lead the procurement department in KSU by defining (if needed) following and reviewing the Procurement strategy (goods, transport/customs, some services) in collaboration with other departments and according the needs of the MSF missions in the region.
In that direction, the Procurement Manager will have a key role to ensure the respect of procedures and to obtain the best prices/services for MSF.
- To guarantee the performance of the Procurement department in KSU
- To collaborate with other MSF actors (European Supply Centre, Regional Supply Centre, Missions) to participate to the improvement of the supply chain of MSF in the region
- Management of a team of 2 persons
- Conduct market assessment/surveillance in collaboration with the Logistic Product Referent
- Ensure the link with other MSF buyer for international purchase
- Manage Supplier relationships
- Review of SOP when necessary
- Ensure that the database is properly filled for the Procurement part
Bachelor (or equivalent) degree in Procurement
3 years’ experience in a Procurement position
- People Management
- Solution-oriented with proactive attitude
- Strong analytical and reporting skills
- Team player
- Strong interpersonal skills
- English is mandatory (fluency written and spoken)
- B1 Level of French is an asset [written and spoken]
- Expected starting date: immediately
- 12 months fixed-term field contract, based in Nairobi, Kenya
- Salary according to MSF-OCB Field salary scale. Transport, accommodation, vaccinations are taken in charge by MSF. Per diem + medical insurance
- Adhere to the MSF principles and to our managerial values: Respect, Transparency, Integrity, Accountability, Trust and Empowerment
- Adhere to the MSF Behavioral Commitments
- Family position
- A dynamic and stimulating work environment alongside multicultural colleagues
How to Apply
Online applications to submitted by the 30th August 2021 latest via the following link . When clicking on this link, you will be directed to our online application tool.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
MSF values diversity and is committed to create an inclusive working environment. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of disability, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, race, color or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
The protection of your personal data is important to MSF. By submitting your application, you consent to MSF using your personal data. For more information, consult our privacy notice to job applicants .