Health Records & Information Technologist Job, County Government Kenya Jobs 2021,
Pursuant to the Constitution of Kenya 2010 (Article 185(2), 186(1) and 187(2) on distribution of functions between the National Government and County Government and the County Government Act No. 17 of 2012, the Narok County Public Service Board invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following positions in the Narok County Government.
HEALTH RECORDS AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGIST III, ONE (1) POSTION ADVERT NO:NCG/CPSB/27
This will be the entry and training grade for this cadre. An officer at this level will work under supervision of a senior officer. Duties and responsibilities at this level will entail: receiving and documenting patients at hospital reception; registering and booking appointment for patients to clinics and consultants; storing and retrieving medical records documents; preparing clinics; updating bed bureau; editing of patient case records; gathering data from different sources; capturing data from service points; maintaining record safety and confidentiality; storing and retrieving medical records; balancing daily bed returns; updating patient master index; directing patients to relevant clinics; scheduling of patients to the consultants and specialty clinics and; assigning codes to diseases and surgical procedures according to the International Classification of Diseases and Procedures in Medicine; and entering health data.
- Diploma in Health Records and Information Technology or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Certificate of Registration from Association of Medical Records Officers Kenya (AMRO-K)
- Valid practicing license from Health Records and Information Board (HRIMB); and
- Certificate in computer application skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications in written by completing one
application for employment form serial number NRK-CPSB (2)2016 (REV. 2021). The form can be downloaded from the Narok County Government website http://www.narok.go.ke
Candidates should not attach any documents to the application form; ALL the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce original and copies of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts, KRA, HELB, EACC and CRB clearances and Certificate of good conduct during the interview
- Serving officers shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview
The Narok CPSB is committed to availing equal employment opportunities to all Kenyans. People with disabilities, the marginalized and the minorities are encouraged to apply. All applications should be sent or hand delivered in a sealed envelope on or before 28th October, 2021 addressed to:
The Board Secretary/CEO
Narok County Public Service Board
P.O Box 545-2050