The position serves as a medical epidemiologist responsible for carrying out a full range clinical epidemiologic and surveillance activities within the division of National AIDS and STI Control Program. In addition, the incumbent will have the responsibility for providing technical consultation and assistance to the ministry of Health, and other NASCOP collaborating agencies concerning various complex epidemiology and surveillance projects. The goal is to work with NASCOP leadership on the journey to the ultimate goal of eliminating the HIV/AIDS epidemic through the “95-95-95” targets. S/he will be attached to MOH NASCOP, work with the NASCOP SIRI team and will also be responsible for reporting demands at NASCOP to facilitate new interventions and strategic direction towards meeting these targets.
Roles and Responsibilities:
· Participate in assigned HIV surveillance projects in the Global Programs portfolio.
· Work closely with his/her supervisor to establish and maintain collaborative and effective working relationships with the Ministry of Health (MoH), CDC-Kenya and other agencies and institutions, and key partners.
· Develop and review analysis plans, provide interpretation for analysis and write up results as needed.
· Work independently or with team members to put together protocols, data analysis plans, and other data dissemination outputs.
? Facilitate and/or coordinate dissemination of surveillance data through preparation of presentations, reports and scientific manuscripts.
? Provide technical assistance, capacity building and mentorship to stakeholders on epidemiologic and surveillance methods, survey design, data collection, management, analysis and use.
? Work in a multi-disciplinary team of epidemiologists, statisticians, surveillance officers, data managers and other surveillance personnel.
Minimum Requirements: **
· A Master’s degree in epidemiology, Public Health Monitoring & Evaluation or related field is required. MBChB or related medical background is of added advantage.
· Minimum of eight years working with in epidemiology, public health, surveillance or related field is required.
· Experience in stakeholder coordination in the HIV response across national and sub national levels of government.
· Competent Experience in HIV Program management and HIV program monitoring and evaluation.
· Demonstrated knowledge of concepts of surveillance and epidemiology.
· Experience preparing survey and surveillance protocols, technical reports and scientific manuscripts
· Strong interpersonal skills in working teams with varying areas of expertise to accomplish project objectives.
· Demonstrated strong communication skills; ability to effectively communicate both orally and written complicated epidemiological information to non-technical persons.
· Proficiency in either SAS, STATA or R statistical software packages
· Fluency in English required.
· Kenyan national with experience of working with the Kenyan Government at national and sub-national level.
? Excellent interpersonal and communication skills**
? Exceptional report writing skills**
? Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines with minimum supervision**
? Good analytical and presentation skills**
How to Apply
Qualified Kenyan nationals are encouraged to apply.
All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed in the minimum requirements above with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item. All applications must include the following:
· Cover letter
· Current CV with names and telephone numbers for three referees
· Salary history
Applications must be sent by email to [email protected] with the email subject NASCOP Medical Epidemiologist by, January 8, 2021.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.