ICU Nurse Job, ,
Position: ICU Nurse
The Karen Hospital is a 102 bed multispecialty Hospital in Kenya located in Karen along Karen –Langata Road, Nairobi. We offer patient focused, world class medical treatment and accord the highest standards of medical care to all our patients indiscriminately.
With our State of the art amenities, equipment and our well trained staff, we are committed to delivering the most effective and most compassionate care to all our patients.
Since inception in 2006, The Karen Hospital has been acclaimed for excellence in clinical care in Africa and beyond. The Karen Hospital proud to be ISO 9001:2015 certified for compliance with Quality Management Systems and is committed to continuous improvement in service delivery.
The purpose of this position is to maintain a caring and high professional standard of nursing care, meeting the needs of the patients in all aspects and promoting job satisfaction in the nursing team. In addition the jobholder is responsible for the assessment of patient needs, planning, implementation and evaluation of the care plans and the care delivered on daily basis.
Critical Care Nurse (ICU) provides most of the direct care to patients in life threatening situations within intensive care unit.
- Responsible for the Critical Care Nursing provided within the Hospital on a 24-hour basis.
- Contact person for individuals, cooperate and medical insurance schemes at The Karen hospital.
- Ensuring quality standards, safety and continuous improvement of patient clinical outcomes in ICU.
- Monitor the critical patients for changes in status and indications of conditions such as sepsis or shock and institute appropriate interventions.
- Monitor all aspects of patient care, including diet and physical activity and inform the ICU Doctor on duty as is necessary.
- Responding to life-saving situations, using nursing standards and protocols for treatment.
- Care for pre- and post-operative patients when those patients require ICU care.
- Assess patients’ pain levels and sedation requirements.
- Prioritize nursing care for assigned critically ill patients based on assessment data and identified needs.
- Assess family adaptation levels and coping skills to determine whether intervention is needed.
- Acting as patient advocate.
- Providing education and support to patient families.
- ICU nurse must be able to draw ABG Blood and interpret report correctly.
- ICU nurse should have enough knowledge about GCS (Glasgow Coma Scale) and also evaluation capacity of patient condition
- To practice at all times infection prevention practices as stipulated by the hospital protocols.
- Responsible for accurate record keeping in regards to patient care and good maintenance of the records.
- Communicating with a range of patients and their families, ensuring that clear and accurate information is included in the patients’ notes.
- Must be a Kenya Registered Community Health Nursing Diploma holder or equivalent.
- Must be a Kenya Registered Critical Care Nursing.
- Must have Basic Life Support Course and Advanced Cardiac Life Support Course
- Must have a valid practicing license from the Kenya Nursing council
- Three (3) year related experience
- Excellent proficiency in use of Computer
- Proficiency in reporting, typing and record keeping.
How to apply
Closing date: 15 th July 2020