Nutritionist Jobs, Nutrition & Dietetics Jobs, KUTRRH Jobs
Department: Clinical Services
Section/Unit: Nutrition and Dietetics
Reports to: Senior Nutritionist
Reporting to the Senior Nutritionist, the Nutritionist job exists to provide nutritional and dietetics care and services to patients, educate the public on the same, provide clinical research and training and advise the hospital and public on the same at KUTRRH.
- Receive and review patients’ medical history and records in order to understand their medical conditions better in the hospital.
- Diagnose causes of nutrition and diet-related ailments in consultation with other medical specialists and then determine the appropriate treatment plan for patients in the hospital.
- Implement guidelines on therapeutic diets for existing and emerging diseases for hospital use and home-based care and other institutions in the hospital.
- Implement nutrition and dietetic processes including screening, assessing, formatting and implementing nutrition interventions and evaluating outcomes in the hospital.
- Provide therapeutic nutrition support in disease management to patients in the nutrition and dietetics unit of the hospital.
- Conduct nutritional health education and demonstration to create awareness of nutrition issues among patients and public in the hospital or in outreach programmes.
- Assess and review nutrition of referred cases from other and medical units and health facilities to the hospital.
- Treat and counsel patients using specialized dietetic nutritionally modified products in the nutrition and dietetics unit of the hospital.
- Carry out and implement research projects in collaboration with other medical specialists in order to improve nutrition services and patient care in the hospital.
- Provide clinical research and training to students in the nutrition and dietetics unit of the hospital
- Mentor and guide junior medical staff, interns and students in the nutrition and dietetics unit of the hospital.
- Ensure quality appropriate delivery of clinical referral research and training activities at the hospital and advise the board on the same.
- Bachelor of Science in Nutrition & Dietetics or a related Degree course from a recognized institution.
- Master’s Degree in Nutrition & Dietetics will be an added Advantage
- At least two years working experience as a Nutritionist and Dietician in a reputable hospital.
- Registration with Kenya Nutritionists & Dietetics Institute
- Must have a valid practice license
- Computer literate.
- Knowledge of relevant legislations.
- Knowledge of professional standards.
- Proven track record of Nutrition Research and training in a reputable institution.
Soft skills required for the job:
- Communication skills
- Observation skills
- Analytical skills
- Team player
How to Apply
If your background and competencies match the specifications of any of these posts, please send your
- Application Letter,
- Curriculum Vitae and
- Filled Application Form
Download the Job Job Application Form .
ONLY via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or hard copies can be addressed to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenyatta University Teaching, Referral & Research Hospital
P.O Box 7674 – 00100 GPO
The deadline for the receipt of all applications is Monday 5th August 2019