Senior OVC Technical Advisor Job, ,
POSITION: SENIOR OVC TECHNICAL ADVISOR – 1 POST,
JOB GROUP: RS 14,
Overall Job Function
Reporting to the Chief of Party, the Senior Technical Advisor will be responsible for the technical aspects of project implementation that relate to community and families, and ensure strong linkages with health facilities and other service delivery points. She/he will advise and support the COP in providing technical direction to project implementation and ensure the project meets stated goals, expected results and reporting requirements. She/he will take technical leadership role in coordination with GOK, local community organizations, and other partners. This position will coordinate closely with the other senior management staff. She/he will be knowledgeable about evidence-based and state-of-the-art social service delivery approaches.
- Support project staff and partners in developing project work plans and technical guidance and procedure documents as necessary.
- Oversee and support the technical implementation of OVC activities across the project sites.
- Support the Chief of Party in maintaining communication with USAID on activity implementation.
- The role holder will manage the technical aspects of activity implementation that relate to community and families, and ensure strong linkages with facility-level and other service delivery points.
- The role is critical in the translation of the USAID OVC proposal into activities, outputs, outcomes that ensure OVC and their families are thriving and resilient.
- Monitor project performance indicators and provide guidance in addressing performance gaps.
- The role will work closely with Finance and Administration Director in ensuring excellent operational and contract management with partners to enable strong delivery of the program, and support or manage partner technical capacity.
- A Master’s degree in project management, social work, sociology, community development, strategic management, development studies or other relevant social science degrees.
- A bachelor’s degree in project management, social work, sociology, community development, business management, development studies or other relevant social science degrees.
- At a minimum, five years of experience implementing OVC programs in a development context, with three of these in USG funded project, preferably in Kenya.
- S/he will have experience with social services systems strengthening and social services project design, implementation, reporting and evaluation.
- Demonstrated experience at a middle or senior level in at least three of the following areas: child protection, household economic strengthening, social protection, education, health and nutrition including HIV/AIDS care and support; quality improvement; social services workforce; M&E; and operations research.
- Demonstrated experience in managing, coordinating and supervising a team working with county and local partner organizations, families and communities.
- Demonstrated skills in activity design, implementation and reporting, preferably for USG funded programs.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with government representatives, for-profit private sector entities, local community organizations, donors and other stakeholders, particularly at the sub-national level.
- Professional level of oral and written fluency in the English language.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Digital/IT competencies required, e.g. MS office suite, internet based collaboration tools, social media.
- Understanding of partnership approach to international development
- Network and alliance building
Terms of Employment
The successful candidates will be employed on 1-year renewable contract terms with a competitive salary and allowances. Candidates who meet these requirements and are interested should submit their applications, copies of certificates together with detailed Curriculum Vitae giving details of their current remuneration to the addresses below:
The Executive Director
AMPATH – Care
P.O. Box 4606– 30100
Applications can also be received at [email protected]
“AMPATH is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to child safe guarding.”
Please note only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.