- Company: Medic Mobile
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Human Resource Management Jobs in Kenya
Medic Mobile is a nonprofit organization on a mission to improve health in the hardest-to-reach communities. We build world-class, open-source software that supports health workers delivering equitable care that reaches everyone. Medic Mobile serves as the technical lead and a core contributor to the Community Health Toolkit, which helps health workers ensure safe deliveries, track outbreaks faster, treat illnesses door-to-door, keep stock of essential medicines, communicate about emergencies, and more.
About the Role
We are looking for an operationally minded, relationship building Admin/People Ops professional to support our People Operations/Admin for our Kenya, Senegal and Uganda hubs.
Start date: March 29, 2021
Duration: This is a short-term role from March 29 – September 15, 2021
Reports to: K. Fujii, Global People Operations Manager
Office & People Ops Administration. 60%
- Ensure timely admin support to teammates in the Nairobi, Dakar and Kampala hub and occasionally global teammates
- Provide logistics support and management for teammate’ travel and accommodation
- Manage inventory & facilities which includes overseeing cleaning, guarding and gardening services and regular and adhoc maintenance and repair.
- Annual renewal of lease- rent and vendor contracts for services: cleaning, guarding services.
- Manages existing relationships with vendors and benefits service providers.
- Manage petty cash, pay monthly bills (vendors, facilities, send airtime etc), and add expenses to expensify
- Manage employee data and ensure information is accurate, current, kept safe and confidential.
- Ensure timely benefits renewal/enrollment for health insurance, WIBA and pension.
- Lead onboarding and offboarding of teammates.
Recruitment, Employee Engagement, Performance Management 40% **
- Support hiring from point of job posting to hire (e.g. application pre-screening, interviewing, participating in manager hiring meetings, reference checks, contract signing etc.)
- Lead and promote employee engagement initiatives which include a monthly virtual activity, sending out quarterly staff engagement surveys and conducting 1-1 feedback discussions to reinforce company values and a positive work culture
- Send and follow up on timely completion of mid-year performance reviews
- Research teammate learning needs and propose learning resources
Skills Knowledge and Expertise
- Trust and relationship builder: able to maintain high level of confidentiality, establish quick rapport with teammates
- Customer/employee service oriented mentality: happy to help others even if it goes beyond your responsibilities!
- Organized and takes ownership: stays on top of multiple tasks and ensures deadlines are met
- Strong verbal and written communication: responds to requests and messages timely, clarifies and keeps all parties abreast of status. Understands the need for overcommunication in a remote environment
- Planner by nature: able to manage time effectively and work across time zones from California PST to Nepal NST
- Comfortable with technology: able to use slack, salesforce and google platforms or can learn quickly
- Humble and open to feedback
- Takes initiative and self-manages: critical in a remote environment, anticipates needs, takes action, problem and does not require much day to day managing
- Quick learner
- Prior experience in traditional office administration, basic finance support, or HR role nice to have but not required. Equally volunteer work that is applicable counts!