Pharmaceutical Technologist Job, Latest Pharmaceutical Jobs,
Position: Pharmaceutical Technologist
Shining Hope for Communities (SHOFCO) is an internationally-recognized grassroots organization that unlocks the potential of urban slum dwellers to lead hopeful and fulfilling lives. SHOFCO disrupts survival mode by providing critical services including health care, clean water, education, and economic empowerment; and linking these efforts to a community-led advocacy platform. SHOFCO currently impacts over 350,000 individuals across 10 urban slums in Kenya, and is the largest employer in Kibera. SHOFCO is a trusted name and service provider in Kibera with a 10-year track record. For more information, please visit www.shofco.org.
To be responsible for checking prescriptions to ensure that there are no errors, dispensing medications by compounding, packaging, and labeling pharmaceuticals and ensuring that they are appropriate and safe for the individual patient and providing advice on the dosage of medicines.
- Verify, interpret and process orders and prescription.
- Dispense drugs and counsel patients on the proper use of drugs dispensed.
- Take part in supply chain management to ensure that essential stocks are available in the pharmacy at all times.
- Monitor stock levels of drugs and place orders when necessary.
- Keep appropriate documentation for accountability and research needs.
- Conduct continuous medical examination sessions relating to drugs and other health care products.
- Monitor storage conditions i.e. expiry status and security of the pharmaceuticals.
- Diploma in Pharmacy
- Enrolled member of the Pharmacy and Poisons Board
- Member of the Kenya Pharmaceutical Association
- At least 3 years’ experience of cumulative relevant experience
- Examining information
- Interpreting data
- Making decisions
- Meeting timescales
- Following procedures
- Interacting with people
- Upholding standards
- Producing output
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should send their applications together with a detailed CV to [email protected] quoting their current and expected salaries. The Subject should clearly indicate the position being applied for. Shortlisting will be done on a roll out basis and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.