Pharmacist Job, Pharmaceutical Kenyan Jobs,
Wananchi Jamii Hospital was founded by Magdaline Wairimu Thiga .She is a Kenyan Registered nurse working in the slum of Kware Village in Ongata Rongai, Kajiado North Sub- County. The facility believes in being the best hospital that offers total and high quality care by treating the whole person, body and soul
- Prepares medications by reviewing and interpreting physician orders; detecting therapeutic incompatibilities.
- Dispenses medications by compounding, packaging, and labeling pharmaceuticals.
- Controls medications by monitoring drug therapies; advising interventions.
- Completes pharmacy operational requirements by organizing and directing technicians’ work flow; verifying their preparation and labeling of pharmaceuticals; verifying order entries, charges, and inspections.
- Provides pharmacological information by answering questions and requests of health care professionals; counseling patients on drug therapies.
- Develops hospital staff’s pharmacological knowledge by participating in clinical programs; training pharmacy staff, students, interns, externs, residents, and health care professionals.
- Complies with the republic of Kenya drug laws as regulated by the state board of pharmacy, the drug enforcement administration, and the food and drug administration by monitoring nursing unit inspections; maintaining records for controlled substances; removing outdated and damaged drugs from the pharmacy inventory; supervising the work results of support personnel; maintaining current registration; studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; advising management on needed actions.
- Protects patients and technicians by adhering to infection-control protocols.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Maintains pharmacological knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Source and procure drugs and other hospital consumables from established suppliers.
- Maintain smooth and effective data of all inventories in the ward store, pharmacy detailing all the sales, orders, requisitions per the system issuance.
- Replenish drugs in the pharmacy when they get to the minimum levels.
- Ensure that all the drugs are dispensed via the system at all times.
- Attend all clinical CMEs within the facility and be ready to attend any other training that may be identified by the management or the medical team.
- Inform the clinicians on new procured drugs and advice on new products.
- Ensure that there is no dead stock in pharmacy and record all expired drugs as per the SOPs.
- Be ready and flexible to take any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Skills & Qualifications
- Compassion : Empathy is necessary when working closely with patients who might be in pain or under emotional duress.
- Attention to Detail : Performing tests requires exact measurements and a good eye for detail, or the results could be false.
- Interpersonal skills. It is very important for pharmacists to have great verbal communication skills. Also, a willingness to administer medication is mandatory. Compassion and caring about people’s health and wellbeing are as well necessary for doing this job.
- Management skills. Good management skills and the ability to organize and prioritize a workflow are important for this job. Also, a logical approach to problem-solving and a huge attention to details are necessary. The pharmacist has to have the capability if managing stress and the ability to analyze information. He also needs good training and supervising skills in order to manage the trainees and staff.
- The pharmacist job description entails having a good knowledge of pharmacology. Also, possessing a high level of scientific understanding and good mathematics skills are mandatory in order to perform the duties of the job.
- Integrity . Last, but not least, a pharmacist has to prove a responsible behavior towards his duties and the patients. Very importantly, the willingness to follow FDA Health Regulations, as well as a legal compliance and moral judgment.
- Stamina : pharmacists work long days on their feet, sometimes hunched over a workstation for long periods of time.
- Technical Skill : Pharmacists need to understand complex medications, dangerous drugs and computer skills.
- Be honest, reliable, trustworthy and of positive attitude with ability to work with others as a team.
- In possession of a degree or diploma in pharmacy
- Computer Literate
- Minimum of 2 years experience as a Pharmacist in a similar set up
- Must have a valid license registered by Pharmacy and Poisons Board
How to Apply
- Interested candidates are requested to email their application letter and detailed curriculum vitae with title on the subject line, including names and contacts of three references to [email protected] on or before 24 th may 2021.
- Canvassing of any nature will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please note that Wananchi Jamii Hospital does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process.