- Company: Life Care Hospital Kenya
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: - Healthcare/Medical Jobs in KenyaLife Care Hospital Jobs in Kenya
We are a panel of finest international and nationwide healthcare experts who have come together to launch state-of-art healthcare facilities in Kenya. Our Values All the operations at Lifecare Kenya Ltd are guided by our deeply ingrained core values. Every staff member is expected to abide by and operate under the guidance of the following values: Provision of medical services that are of high quality, appropriate, easily accessible, affordable and effective. Commitment to provide superior healthcare in a compassionate manner, ever mindful of each patient’s dignity,privacy and individuality. Complete focus on growth with integrity- both for ourselves and those we serve, through a commitment to exceptional services and innovative solutions by investing in dynamic and dedicated team members and systems.
To assist in conducting in-depth evaluation of patients referred for therapy , plan, supervise, coordinate and evaluate outpatient services ensuring patient satisfaction at all times.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducting initial evaluation and assessment of patients having physical disabilities, disorders or injuries;
- Selecting and administering appropriate tests to evaluate range of motion, neuromuscular status, pain and physical functional ability;
- Reviewing medical file of patient for information pertinent in aiding evaluation;
- Identifying treatment goals and appropriate therapy techniques and equipment to achieve goals;
- Carrying out the rehabilitative program and designate the party to carry out treatment plan, e.g. patient, employee, ward staff, family members or community caterers;
- Conducting regular evaluation of patients to assess progress and response to therapy, revise treatment program as necessary to achieve goals;
- Participating in treatment teams, e.g. Doctors, Nurses, Occupational Therapists, other Physiotherapists to provide information regarding patient assessment to discuss treatment program or to coordinate treatment goals and programs;
- Advising and recommending to referring doctors on necessary interventions and or change of management;
- Developing treatment plan to be followed by patient after discharge and advice the importance of continuing physiotherapy after discharge and to organize their physiotherapy appointments;
- Instructing patient, families and other professionals in treatment techniques and exercise outlined in the program;
- Preparing reports of results on evaluation of patients’ physical condition and prepare written treatment plan;
- Conducting educational sessions or preventative health care in regard to physical status to other professionals in different disciplines.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Degree in Physiotherapy from a recognized institution;
- At least 4 years of experience in the field;
- Registered with the Kenya Society of Physiotherapists;
- Practice license with the Kenya Society of Physiotherapists;
- Excellent customer service skills.