- Company: Samaritan’s Purse (SP)
- Location: Kenya
- State: Eldoret
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Travel and Tourism Jobs in Kenya
Samaritan’s Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ. For 40 years, Samaritan’s Purse has done our utmost to follow Christ’s command by going to the aid of the world’s poor, sick, and suffering. We are an effective means of reaching hurting people in countries around the world with food, medicine, and other assistance in the Name of Jesus Christ. This, in turn, earns us a hearing for the Gospel, the Good News of eternal life through Jesus Christ. Our emergency relief programs provide desperately needed assistance to victims of natural disaster, war, disease, and famine.
This position supports Samaritan’s Purse (SP) East Africa programs and projects by providing safe and reliable air transportation. Pilots may be assigned to more than one aircraft type. Additionally, current base location(s) should not be assumed to be final; flexibility may be required.
- Performs pilot duties, including filing flight plans, obtaining weather data and interpreting the information for flights, completing aircraft weight and balances for flights, loading and unloading passenger luggage and cargo.
- Keeps assigned aircraft charts and software updated.
- Keeps the aircraft clean, neat, and polished when home and away from the home base including sanitizing the aircraft restroom facilities after each flight.
- Assists in the maintenance, repair, and cleaning of SP hangar and property.
- Performs pre-flights and post-flights to ensure safety of flight.
- Works with the FAA as assigned.
- Represents Samaritan’s Purse as a professional when dealing with donors, government officials, and others.
- Aircrew should expect to overnight away from home base approximately 35% of the time and up to 30 days at a time when a humanitarian crisis arises.
- Assess, manage, and report critical physical, emotional, or spiritual concerns of supervised staff.
Education and/or Experience
- Fifth year college or university program certificate; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies preferred.
- 1,500 hours flight time
- Ability to obtain First Class Medical Commercial Pilot with Instrument Rating
- A&P desired but not required
Full Benefits Package Including
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long-term and short-term disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Paid vacation/holidays/sick leave
Location: Eldoret, Kenya/Entebbe, Uganda