DO NOT PAY MONEY BEFORE GETTING A JOB!!. jobs-kenya KENYA DOES NOT RECRUIT!! BE WARNED!!
- Company: KMFRI
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Kenya
Duties and responsibilities will entail:
- coordinating provision of laboratory services in a number of units and sections;
- preparing and implementing work plans and programs;
- ensuring submission of samples to reference and collaborating research institutes;
- revising and approving laboratory manuals and quality specifications and standards;
- coordinating safe laboratory waste disposal;
- overseeing proficiency testing;
- managing laboratory supplies;
- facilitating technical evaluation for laboratory supplies and equipment;
- providing technical advice on biosecurity matters;
- ensuring adherence to good laboratory practice;
- implementing and maintaining laboratory operations standards (ISO 17025);
- liaising and collaborating with regional and international reference laboratories and research institutions for exchange of laboratory findings; and
- mentoring and training of personnel in the Department.
Direct appointment will be made from candidates who have:-
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) with a minimum grade of C (Plain) or equivalent;
- Diploma in any of the following disciplines:- Applied Biology; Science Laboratory Technology, Analytical Chemistry; Food Science Technology or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Higher National Diploma in Applied Biology/ Laboratory Technology/ Analytical Chemistry or equivalent from a recognized institution;
- Certificate in management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Working knowledge of computer applications; and
- Satisfactorily served at the position of Senior Laboratory Technologist or its equivalent for a minimum of three (3) years.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit their applications both in HARD and SOFT COPY with a detailed resume and copies of certificates and testimonials. Envelopes containing the documents should clearly be marked with the position applied for and sent to the address below not later than Monday 20th May 2019.
Kenya Marine and Fisheries Research Institute,
P.O. Box 81651 – 80100,
Phone: 020-8021560, 020-8021561
KMFRI is an Equal opportunity Employer committed to diversity, Persons with disability, women, youth and those from marginalized areas are encouraged to apply.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Any canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.