Senior Principal Public Health Officer Jobs, Public Health Officer Jobs, Jobs in Eldoret, Moi Teaching & Referral Hospital Jobs
Job Grade, MTRH 5
Ref: MTRH/HR/14/02/ 2019
Enforce Public Health Act (Cap. 242), Food, Drugs and Chemical Substances, Act. (Cap. 254), Tobacco Control Act 2007, Alcoholic Drinks Control Act, 2010, Bio-safety Act 2009, Malaria Prevention and Control Act (Cap. 246). Meat Control Act (Cap. 356) and any other relevant legislations on public health in liaison with other departments. Formulate, implement, interpret and review public health policies, guidelines, standards and procedures at the hospital.
Coordinate with relevant Departments and other stakeholders implementation of public health projects and programmes Monitor and evaluate public health projects and programmes. Provide technical advice on promotive and preventive health. Undertake research on public health, trends and other emerging issues.
Oversee development and management of the Farewell Home and crematoria and Promote innovation and modern technology in the provision of public health services at the hospital.
Senior Principal Public Health Officer responsibilities include:
- Formulation, implementation and review public health policies, procedures, strategies, standards and guidelines;
- Facilitation and implementation of public health protects and programmes;
- Oversees monitoring and evaluation of public health projects and programmes,
- Spearhead research on innovative public health solutions;
- Coordination of disaster preparedness, management and response;
- Coordination and development of performance management strategies and guidelines;
- Oversees preparation of work plans and budgets;
- Ensure training and development of staff; and
- Coaching and mentoring of staff and students.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:-
- A minimum period of eight (8) years relevant work with at least three (3) years’ experience in a supervisory capacity.
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Environmental Health, Public Health or equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution.
- Master’s Degree in any of the following: Environmental Health, Public Health, Epidemiology, Food Safety and Quality, Food Science and Technology, Community Health, Occupational Health and Safety, Health Promotion and Education, Solid Waste Management or Disaster Management or equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Valid practicing licence from the Public Health Officer and Technicians Council.
- Senior Management Course or equivalent lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution.
- Proficiency in computer applications.
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010.
- Effective communication skills.
- Policy and strategic implementation.
- Risk Management.
- Technical competence.
- Decision-making and problem solving skills.
- Empowering/ delegating.
- High standards of professional ethics.
- Managerial, administrative and supervisory skills.
- Coping with pressure and setbacks.
- Project planning and management.
In addition, all applicants MUST attach the following valid documents;
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) Compliance Certificate
- Higher Education Loan Board (HELB) Certificate
- National Police Service (NPS) Clearance Certificate
- CRB — Credit Reference Bureau Certificate
- Ethics & Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC) Clearance
Salary Attached to Scales
MTRH 2: Kshs 225,221 X 7,180 — 232,301 X 7,409 — 239,711 X 7,646 — 247,357 X 7,890 255,246 X 8,141 — 2N,388 X 8,401 — 271,789 X 8,669p.m
MTRH 4: Kshs 123,027 x 5,252 – 128,279 x 5,492 – 133,772 x 5,742 – 139,514 x 8 – 145,532 x 6,263 – 151,565 x 6,565 – 158,361p.m
MTRH 5: Kshs. 106,184 x 4,710 – 010,895 x 4,927 – 015, 22 x 5,153 -120,976 x 5,(I 126,366 x 5,639 – 132,005 x 5,899 – 137,905p.m
MTRH 6: Kshs. 81,684 x 4,062 – 85,747 x 4,250 – 89,997 x 4,297 – 94,294 x 4,348 – 9ft (,42 x 4,399 – 103,042 x 4,452 – 107,495p.m
MTRH 9: Kshs. 50,437 x 2,296 – 52,733 x 2,402 – 55,136 x 2,518 – 57,655 x 2,618 – 60,273 x 2,783 – 63,056p.m
MTRH 10: Kshs. 42,137 x 2,193 – 44,330 x 2,289 – 46,620 x 2,418 – 49,038 x 2,546 -51,584 x 2,680 – 54,264 x 2,824 – 57,088 p.m
The successful candidates will still be entitled to applicable allowances to these grades.
How to Apply
If you are innovative, self-starter, results-oriented individual and you meet the above requirements, please send six (6) hard copies of your application with detailed C.V, together with certified copies of your relevant academic/professional testimonials and three (3) letters from referees of whom two (2) must be from your profession to:
Chief Executive Officer
Moi Teaching and Referral Hospital
Chandaria Cancer and Chronic Disease Centre
P 0 Box 3-30100
The deadline for submitting full applications will be on Friday, 31st May 2019 at 5:00 pm.
Moi Teaching and Referral Hospital is an equal opportunity Employer. Women, Persons Living with Disability (PLWDs) and those from Marginalized Areas due encouraged to apply.
Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification and only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted for interviews.