Principal Supply Chain Management Officer Jobs, Supply Chain Management Officer Jobs, Supply Chain Jobs, MTRH Jobs
JOB GRADE MTRH 6 –
- Coordinate Supply Chain Management activities in accordance with the Public Procurement & Disposal Act, 2005, Public Procurement and Disposal Regulations, 2006 and other laws and policies on procurement. Review, update, interpret and implement existing procurement procedures and systems.
- Prepare procurement plans in accordance with budget processes.
- Requisition, receive and issue stores
- Disposal of obsolete stores and equipment, preparation and maintenance of stores records.
- Stock- take and reconciliation of supplies.
- Ensure store security, safety, maintenance and proper preservation of stores.
- Ensure preparation and implementation of procurement manual.
- Source for supplies.
- Assessment and measurement of performance of supplies of goods, works and services.
- Maintenance of procurement records, Conduct market research, Monitor and evaluate stores.
- Develop internal procurement on supply policy procedure manuals.
- Provide guidelines on Public Private Partnerships and ensure smooth distribution of inventory.
Duties and responsibilities at this level entails-
- Drafting supplies and procurement policies and guidelines for the hospital;
- Reviewing notices of award and tender acceptance process;
- Participating in compiling and evaluation of tenders;
- Participating in formulation of the supplies.
- Procurement and inventory manuals;
- Providing support to end users on procurement guidelines;
- Reviewing of tender and contract documents;
- Safeguarding offenders, quotations and request for proposals;
- Reviewing tender advertising notices;
- Undertaking research to support procurement decisions;
- Implementing an e-procurement vision plan;
- Reviewing and monitoring procurement budget expenditures;
- Training and development of staff; and
- Coaching and mentoring of students and staff.
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:
- Served in the grade of Senior Supply Chain Management Officer for a minimum period of three (3) years or in a comparable position.
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following; Supply Chain, Commerce (Supplies Management option), Procurement or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- Senior Management Course or equivalent lasting not less than two (2) weeks from recognized institution.
- Membership to Kenya Institute of supplies Management (KISM) or Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supplies (CIPS).
- Proficiency in computer applications.
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010.
- Effective communication skills.
- Policy and strategic implementation.
- Risk Management.
- Technical competence.
- Decision-making and problem solving skills.
- Empowering/ delegating.
- High standards of professional ethics.
- Managerial, administrative, supervisory skills.
- Coping with pressure and setbacks.
- Project planning and management.
How To Apply
The successful candidates will still be entitled to applicable allowances to these grades.
If you are innovative, self-starter, results-oriented individual and you meet the above requirements, please send six (6) hard copies of your application with detailed C.V, together with certified copies of your relevant academic/professional testimonials and three (3) letters from referees of whom two (2) must be from your profession to:
Chief Executive Officer
Moi Teaching and Referral Hospital
Chandaria Cancer and Chronic Disease Centre
P O Box 3-30100
The deadline for submitting full applications will be on Friday, 31st May 2019 at 5:00 pm.
Moi Teaching and Referral Hospital is an equal opportunity Employer. Women, Persons Living with Disability (PLWDs) and those from Marginalized Areas are encouraged to apply.
Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification and only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted for interviews.