Procurement Officer Jobs, Procurement Jobs In Kenya, Title: Accountant/Procurement Officer, Location: Nairobi, Report to: Operations Manager, Salary: Competitive,
Our Client is in the business of import and export of engines, power generation machines and heavy duty machinery. They seek to hire a qualified and experienced Accountant who will be responsible for the overall financial health of the company. Producing financial reports and developing strategies based on financial research and expertise. Guiding the senior management in making sound business decisions in the long and short term.
The position shall be based in Nairobi but with regular travel to Somalia.
- Monitor day to day financial operations within the company such as invoicing, cash collection, expenditure, and other transactions
- Track the company’s financial status and performance to identify areas for potential improvement and seek out methods for minimizing financial risk to the company
- Evaluating and advising on business operations including revenue expenditure trends, financial commitments and future revenues
- Review financial data and prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reports and present them to the senior management
- Establish and maintain financial policies and procedures for the company
- Maintain good relationship with vendors, suppliers, customers and related party companies
- Ensure that all accounting transactions comply with set financial systems and controls and initiate remedial action where this is not the case.
- Assisting in preparation of budgets and monitor expenditure
- Oversee the procurement process; contacting suppliers, managing orders, negotiating with suppliers to ensure value for money.
- Oversee stock counts and making necessary adjustments.
- Business related degree from a recognized university
- CPA Finalist or CPA(K)
- At least 4 years working experience in Accounting and Procurement
- Working knowledge in the use of Microsoft Dynamics Navision and Advanced Excel Skills
- Must have a valid passport and willing to travel
- Should be honest and have the capacity to work well under pressure and delivering desired results
- Interpersonal and negotiation skills will be an added advantage
- Good analytical and should demonstrate decision making capabilities
How to Apply
Please only send your CV to [email protected] quoting the job title in the email subject( Accountant/Procurement Officer) before Monday 23rd December 2019 . Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.