- Company: Kenya Red Cross Society
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type:
- Job category: - Kenya Red Cross Society Jobs in KenyaProject Management Jobs in Kenya
Kenya Red Cross is one of the many International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement societies around the world. The Kenya organisation was established in 1965, The Kenya Red Cross supports and runs a number of projects whilst raising awareness to the Kenyan public about the current issues or problems which may affect them.
Reporting to the Head of Special programs, the Program Manager will be responsible for the development of the overall programme, ensuring a multi-sectoral programme approach that adheres to international and KRCS standards and policies. The PM is responsible for oversight of the coordination, management, and reporting on all the KRCS GF programme in accordance with donor requirements and guidelines and for ensuring high quality programming through technical support and effective implementation. This position will specifically be the technical lead in implementing the HIV prevention, treatment, care and support intervention for AYP, PMTCT and Vulnerable population targeting Discordant Couples and Men in high-Risk Settings. The PM also represents KRCS to relevant internal and external program partners and stakeholders.
- Provide or facilitate the provision of technical assistance to Regional Programme teams and sub recipients to ensure effective implementation of programmes while complying to donor guidelines and ensuring timely delivery on programme objectives and deliverables
- Lead technical improvement in program design for AYP, PMTCT and Vulnerable population targeting Discordant Couples and Men in high-Risk Settings.
- Ensure overall quality and compliance for AYP, PMTCT and Vulnerable population targeting Discordant Couples and Men in high-Risk Settings.
- Oversee the preparation of quality programme implementation plans and narrative reports, as well as regular work plans by sub recipients
- Oversee programme activity tracking, semi-annual reviews, community consultations and feedback, and high-level budget oversight to ensure all programme remain on track and effective
- Coordinate with finance to ensure timely Region and SRs disbursement for the assigned regions
- Coordinate with finance to ensure timely Region and SRs disbursement for the assigned regions.
- Provide technical support to program teams on compliance and Quality to ensure adherence to global, national and donor programming principles and standards
- Program Risk management for the assigned technical area and regions.
- Work with team to develop and implement new technologies to improve operational performance
- Developing and implementing local and international resource mobilization strategies.
- Research, complete, and submit applications for potential funding resources such as grants, awards, etc.
- Developing a fund generation and resource mobilization work plan and constantly follow-up the implementation of the plan.
- Coordinate and oversee efforts in preparing funding bids and proposals for new interventions to secure funding for programme and high value grants.
- Manage and coordinate representation of KRCS in relevant stakeholders and technical working groups meetings
- Lead/substantively and engage in lessons learning processes across the programme
- Communicate KRCS GF work through documents, reports, presentations, meetings and conferences
- Coordinate field visits by HQ program team and consultants and ensure that recommendations in the mission reports are implemented into programmes
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCIES:
- Post graduate Degree in Public health, Management, Project Management, health sciences, business administration, or equivalent qualifications with demonstrated competence in undertaking a MEAL related role in a humanitarian context.
- A minimum of 5 years’ relevant work experience, which could include providing trainings, capacity-building and mentoring support, consulting, or systems development, in Kenya or similar context.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience managing HIV programmes in Kenya.
- Experience working with program design for AYP, PMTCT mothers, discordant couples and other vulnerable population will be an added advantage
- Excellent project management skills.
- Possess strong analytical skills.
- Knowledge of institutional donors and experience of developing proposals
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills necessary for interactions with all stakeholders.
- Sound IT knowledge.