Programme Development Coordinator Job, Current NGO Jobs In Kenya,
Working under the direct supervision of the Program Director, and in close coordination with other program staff, as well as Logistics, Finance, HR, and Security, the Programme Development Coordinator supports and contributes substantively to planning and design of proposals, implementation, ensuring timely and quality monitoring and reporting.The Programme Development Coordinator is expected to ensure quality and adherence to program standards, including training and supporting staff in the field.
Program and Proposal Development
- Anticipate/Identify, leads and support new traditional and non-traditional program funding opportunities.
- Write/edit context/situation analysis and needs assessments for concept notes and proposals: undertake research, collect/organize/analyze background information.
- Support the proposal panning and development process for a broad range of donors, ensuring adherence to donor standards and requirements. Identify needs on the proposal team and defines roles of each team member, ensuring an appropriate level of support.
- In co-ordination with Technical leads, translate sector program approaches into innovative and impactful programmes.
- Work closely with Finance, HR, Logistics in developing program budgets and staffing plans and articulating justifications through budget notes. Contribute to monthly pipeline monitoring.
- Pro-actively identify and share ideas for new program design and modifications to current programs. Research and monitor donor strategies, priorities and regulatory information, and advice on emerging trends that could affect the programs.
Support Evidence, Learning and Partnership
- Contribute to continuously improving internal monitoring, reporting, and learning systems.
- Develop and maintain an up-to-date database of all ongoing and upcoming program development opportunities. Maintain program files and ensure copies of concept notes, proposals are correctly filed to ensure support retention of institutional memory.
- Document, analyze, and share lessons learned from proposal writing and reporting processes
- Continuously apply and support colleagues to apply learning, innovations and best practices from project evaluations, field visit reports and project reports (both internal and external, including other NGO and donors) to new proposals and project designs.
- Facilitate specific support needs and field staff capacity building staff (as requested), including by soliciting for necessary assistance/input from technical staff.
- Support the development of internal and external communication materials, including success stories/human interest pieces, program summaries (e.g. “Board Summaries”), capacity statements, and matrices that outlining current program activities, among others.
- Work with Communications Officer and M&E Coordinator to produce and circulate program updates to senior management in Mogadishu and field sites that highlights key mission-wide events, achievements, challenges, trends etc.
Program Quality, Monitoring and Evaluation
- Support production and submission of timely, high-quality internal and external donor progress reports.
- Review reports for accuracy and comprehensiveness; and provide constructive feedback to help improve the quality and utility of program reports. (Involves close coordination with the Grants & Donor Compliance Coordinator, M&E Coordinator, and Technical Leads).
- Assist in monitoring program progress against work plans, M&E plans and budget pipelines. (Involves close coordination with Field Operations Director and Program Director).
- Conduct supportive supervisory visits to project sites (as requested) to monitor program progress, as per ToRs developed prior to visits;
- Assist with project start-up and close-out activities, as well as needs assessments in current and potential areas of operation, as requested.
Representation and External Relations
- Help to nurture strong working relationships with stakeholders, including current/potential donors, local/regional/national authorities, communities, beneficiaries, INGOs/NGOs, etc.; pro-actively identify opportunities for enhancing stakeholder engagement.
- Participate and contribute in relevant meetings on behalf of IMC and upon delegation; collate and share information and relevant analysis.
- Ensure security, HR and Logistics procedures are followed.
- Other relevant duties as assigned by supervisor. The duties and responsibilities listed are representative of the nature and level of work of the PDC position, and are not all inclusive.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Advanced Degree OR Bachelor Degree with at least 3 years of experience in proposal development and program design, donor relations and networking, research and analytical skills for a humanitarian or development context.
- Experience with humanitarian and Development Donors ((including Somalia donors, such as USAID/OFDA, DFID, UNICEF, WFP, Global Fund, SHF, UNFPA, ECHO).
- Knowledge of the operational context and socio-political dynamics of Somalia.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English; Somali would be an added advantage
- Proven experience of coordinating the development of/writing winning multi-thematic proposals with key institutional donors (including USAID/OFDA, USAID/FFP, DFID, ECHO, UNICEF, WFP, SHF)
- Strong analytical and research skills – Ability to critically appraise proposals and reports.
- Able to support multiple projects at different stages of their lifecycle (design, implementation, monitoring).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and experience in technical proposal writing and reporting.
- Good copywriting/editing skills and the ability to convert Programme information into fundraisingfriendly content.
- Excellent IT/Computer skills (including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong coordination and interpersonal skills.
- Proven experience in networking with donors and partners.
- Facilitation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain strong, collaborative relationships.
- Critical thinking skills and sound judgment.
- Accuracy, consistency, high attention to detail and tenacity.
- Budget development skills
- Must be willing to work and travel within the different parts of Somalia for extended periods of time with limited facilities and often under harsh conditions.
- Accountability – Able to take responsibility for actions and manages constructive criticisms. Makes sound decisions based on accurate judgment.
- Communication – Listens and communicates clearly and timely, adapting to the audience. Diplomatic, able to influence positively and with confidentiality.
- Respect for Medical ethics and Humanitarian codes of Conduct.
- Leadership and Negotiation – Develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders. Able to influence, inform and negotiate with partners and donors.
- Continuous Learning – Promotes continuous learning for own personal developmental and others. Able to learn and adapt to different contexts and programs.
- Creativity and Initiative – Actively seeks new ways of improving programs.
- Confidentiality—Upholds confidentiality for sensitive information.
- Reliability— Possess a strong work ethic. Able to support colleagues when needed.
- Professionalism— Respect for others, sensitive to diversity and communicate with others respectfully.
- Performance Management – High degree of self-motivation. Able to identify and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
- Planning and Organizing – Plans and prioritizes tasks, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility. Able to work on own initiative. including time management. Ability to meet deadlines, multi-task and work with agility under high pressure in scenarios.
- Teamwork – Able to work as a productive and collaborative member of a team. Able to build and contribute to effective relationships with colleagues; incorporate different perspectives, concerns and promote equal gender participation.
- Able to work cross-culturally – Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
How To Apply
IMC Somalia is inviting qualified candidates who meet the above requirements to send their cover letter and CV to the following email addresses: [email protected] indicating the name of the job as PROGRAMME DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR in the email subject clearly.
Deadline for applications is 24th August 2020. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for the interview.