- Company: Save the Children
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Kenya
The Save the Children Fund, commonly known as Save the Children, is an international non-governmental organization that promotes children’s rights, provides relief and helps support children in developing countries
The post holder will be accountable to the Programme Manager for supporting Finance, HR, IT, supply chain and Administration services in programming contexts. The post holder will be responsible for ensuring compliance with SCI global standards, policies and practices. The position also plays a key role in effectively supporting program implementation activities in line with the annual and country strategic plans.
Key Areas of Accountability
- In charge of warehouse at field office level, ensure TIMs and other warehousing records are updated daily.
- Support programme staff to develop procurement plans.
- Support in the development of field level supplier prequalification, supplier database and framework agreements.
- Coordinate field office procurement requests and LPOs for local procurements liaising with Supply Chain Officers in Nairobi and Programme Implementation team.
- Monitor the PR/POs in Prosave and follow up with suppliers for delivery.
- In consultation with supply chain officer, assist identifying obsolete information in Prosave that require cleaning e.g. irrelevant PRs/POs, inactive suppliers etc
- Coordinate delivery and recording of items sourced from local suppliers working closely with Nairobi supply chain team.
- Manage fleet at field office level; Coordinate fleet requests, allocate vehicles, ensure compliance with all SCI fleet management policies and SOPs.
- Maintain records including allocation of assets and GPEs assigned to Field Office.
- Communicate with IT and Supply Chain for maintenance or upgrading or replacement of any asset assigned asset and GPE assigned to specific Field Office.
- Prepare and share monthly fleet reports with fleet officer in Nairobi.
- Assist the PM in security matters at the field office
- Responsible of goods and Parcel dispatches to Nairobi and the field respectively.
- Train and taught our vendors on child safe guarding policies e.g. drivers hazards while driving to the field areas.
Financial Accounting, Planning and Budgeting.
- Assist with documentation at field office level. Consolidate all financial documents generated at field office and send to relevant officers in Nairobi; these include supplier invoices, staff liquation, Mpesa payment lists, receipts, etc.
- Assist as needed with daily programming accounting operation in liaison with Finance Officers in Nairobi; these include payment of suppliers, processing activity advances, payment of casuals, etc.
- Monitor field office and guesthouse utilities costs e.g. water, electricity, telephone/Mobile usage, billing, and others related office utilities.
- Scanning of all payment and share with supply chain and Admin focal point persons and Finance officer in Nairobi
- Responsible of petty cash at the field and sharing the balancing weekly
- Set up a tracking system at the field for all documents sent to Nairobi for processing
- Training of field teams on how to use finance documents, e.g. advance request, liquidations and Mpesa payments
Contract Duration: 4 Months (Renewable subject to performance and funding availability)
Work Location: Dadaab
Qualifications And Experience
- A Degree in Social Sciences or Business Administration from a recognized University.
- Strong knowledge/experience HR and admin, logistics and financial management.
- Demonstrates a strong drive and commitment to achieve agreed objectives
- Minimum three-year’s relevant experience in Support Services within a busy organization preferably an INGO.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English. Knowledge of the local language and context will be a distinct advantage
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain confidentiality
- Proficiency in working with computers particularly spread sheets and word processing
- Experience of working within a team and team building.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural setting
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and negotiate clearly and effectively at all levels.
- Strong results orientation, with the ability to challenge existing mind-sets.
- Commitment to Save the Children values, including willingness to abide by and enforce the Child Safeguarding policy.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard. We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated