- Company: Oxford HR
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Project Management Jobs in Kenya
We are Oxford HR – a global team of search and organisational effectiveness experts dedicated to finding and supporting world-changing leaders, based in offices in Oxford, London, Amsterdam and Nairobi. Driven by a passion for positive change, we search for the exceptional people who can make that happen.
The Project Officer will be directly reporting to Senior Project Officer and will be responsible in supporting him/her in providing oversight of implementing partners managing. He/she will also be responsible for managing official correspondence, tracking of financial spending to partners, managing relationships, and monitoring project performance.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
The Project Officer shall:
- Develop the scope and work-plan of the project in conjunction with the implementing partners and Member States.
- Work with implementing partners to refine and define KPIs and other partner performance metrics which will be tracked by the programme.
- Support and follow-up on the implementation of programme activities in accordance with the program proposal and activities timeline,
- Monitor the performance of implementing partners to ensure they are achieving results in line with the KPIs of the programme and develop corrective actions if there is delay.
- Participate in regular meetings with the implementing partner and conduct field oversight together with Technical Assistance Team Members to ensure objectives are being achieved.
- Ensure implementing partners are complying with routine auditing and reporting procedures.
- Advise partners on potential capacity building opportunities and link with the Technical Assistance Team and Regional Program Team for further advice.
- Support the Senior Project Officer in development of monthly project implementation reports, monitor and track progress of the project;
- Represent Africa CDC in a professional manner, which creates a positive image and enhances the credibility of the organization
- Perform any other duties as requested by the Partnership Management Team Lead.
Qualifications and Skills required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health, Epidemiology or related fields. Preferred candidates must have at least 5 years of experience. Managerial experience is not required but is an advantage.
- Master’s Degree in Public Health, Epidemiology or related fields. Preferred candidates must have at least 2 years of experience. Managerial experience is not required but is an advantage.
Required skills and Competencies:
- Demonstrated project planning and management skills for organizing, planning and executing projects from conception through implementation;
- Demonstrable experience in drafting budgets and programme reporting documentation for executive level consumption.
- Knowledge and understanding of management and operational policies, procedures and systems supporting critical and routine programme operations in a public health or other public sector context;
- Excellent administrative skills and ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Knowledge and understanding of programme management support systems and processes.
- Excellent computer skills, including word-processing capabilities, proficiency with e- mail and internet applications, experience in using office software applications such as MS Excel, Power Point and Word.
- Analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Ability to build strong relationships internally and with external actors.
- High level of autonomy at work, yet with profound team spirit.
- Ability to work under pressure, with minimal supervision, and in a culturally diverse team.
- Awareness of technological trends and apply necessary technology to the daily work when necessary.
- Adaptive, patient, resourceful, resilient and flexible.