Project Management Jobs In Kenya.
World Concern – Project Officer.
Duty Station: Tana River
The main objective if this position is to support World Concern project activities in Tana River County and ensure that World Concern One Village Transformed activities are appropriately and effectively implemented.
OVT is a long-term community development program designed to build on the assets, talents, skills and natural resources already available in the target villages.
The goal is to see communities not only participate in but eventually take full ownership of their development process.
By the end of the program in any community, we aim to see the community being able to: develop their own development goals; bring together their resources, experiences, skills and expertise to realize the goals they have set; and put into practice behaviors that promote physical, mental, spiritual and social health.
The person will play a role in supporting holistic innovative livelihoods initiatives and various agricultural value chains.
This will involve working with other World Concern staff, County Government, the church, partner organizations and the target community in Bura and Hola in Tana River.
- Advocate for OVT communities with the government, churches and other local stakeholders.
- Introduce World Concern to new villages, including outlining our mission, vision, values, goals and objectives as well as the integrated, asset-based nature of the program.
- Actively participate in the capacity building of community-based institutions/groups using WC approved curriculums.
- Liaise with government offices and other development partners on the ground as necessary for the effective operation of the project at field level.
- Represent World Concern in meetings with communities, churches, government and local leadership, exemplifying the values and beliefs of the organization.
- Establish and maintain good relationship with the local and regional church and with the communications department.
- Develop and nurture appropriate documentation of good case studies and lesson learnt.
- Provide updates through weekly and monthly reports on the success of the interventions and the revolving funds.
- Work in collaboration with and support accounts department in improving business performance.
- Write and submit periodic (Monthly and Quarterly) quality reports on time.
- In consultation with Project Manager, develop project concepts and proposals.
- Support WC to ensure socio economic profiling is conducted in the project area.
- Actively promote WC approach to livelihoods’ business segment with emphasis on promoting group development through support, coaching, mentoring, feedback and identification of investment needs and opportunities.
- In consultation with the Program Manager, identify opportunities and innovative approaches to support agricultural livelihood business activities in Tana River.
- Facilitate individuals, groups and business associations and communities to identify needs and encourage involvement in livelihood business activities.
- Build capacity of existing businesses, establish business groups and the formation of community focused networks.
- Prepare work schedules in order to achieve objectives, maintain appropriate documentation.
- Perform any other functions deemed necessary or as delegated by the supervisor in order to meet the level of services in the organization.
- Provide a positive witness of Jesus Christ through personal work integrity.
- Explore partnership potential with the local church.
- Integrate spiritual development opportunities, including outreach and discipleship opportunities.
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Agribusiness, Microfinance or Entrepreneurship, or relevant tertiary qualification in Cooperative or Development studies, and/or experience in related fields
- Knowledge and experience in agricultural value chains especially oil crops will be an added advantage
- At least 3 years of progressive programming experience in agropastoral communities
- Ability to promote empowering and developmental models in rural pastoral communities
- Enthusiastic and proactive individuals passionate about serving vulnerable groups.
- Good interpersonal skills and cross-cultural sensitivity.
- At least 3 years’ experience managing rural livelihoods programs in a relief and development setting.
- Experience working with the church or church-based organizations will be added advantage.
- Experience in implementing disaster response project using transformation development model.
- Demonstrated ability to work respectfully and constructively with local government officers and other partners.
- Experience in participatory community engagement techniques such as Participatory rural Appraisal (PRA/PLA) and appreciative inquiry.
- Experience working in highly volatile situations and commitment to team safety, able to follow strict security protocol.
- Prior experience working in multi- religious environment will be an added advantage.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Swahili required.
- Able to communicate in a manner that is confident and clear, yet diplomatic creating positive working relationships with donors and other key stakeholders.
- Proven credibility, integrity and professionalism
- Encourage the involvement of the community members in the prioritization and contribution towards the selected project activities.
- Ability to assist groups to formulate their ideas into constructive actions, ability to undertake community-based research, and to effectively complete projects.
- Exercises sound judgment and political sensitivity – especially in relation to the informal settlement community organization.
- Mature Christian committed to serving Jesus Christ.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit their applications and CV to [email protected] not later than 30th June 2022.N.B: 1.Dont Miss Out On Your Next Job. Let's Have Your CV. .
NB: 2. Advance & Grow In Your Career? . .