Public Communication Officer Job, Current Communication Jobs,
PUBLIC COMMUNICATION OFFICER – ONE (1) POST – V/NO. 67 /2021
Gross Salary: Ksh. 121,851 – 185,534 p.m
(Salary includes 60% basic pay and 40% allowances) Annual leave: 30 working days per financial year
Medical Cover : As provided by the Commission.
Terms of service: Three (3) years contract renewable subject to satisfactory performance
For appointment, a candidate must have a Bachelors Degree in Communications Studies, Mass Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Media Studies, Corporate Communications or equivalent qualifications from a university recognized in Kenya.
Duties and responsibilities at this level will include:
- Initiating setting of annual Staff Performance Appraisal targets for the Unit;
- Undertake Public Communication research, interpret, make recommendations as appropriate and implement related policies, strategies and programmes under the guidance of a more senior officer;
- Participating in implementation of performance contract targets, strategic plan and performance appraisal on annual work plans, budgetary requirements, procurement plans and cash flow projections for the unit under the guidance of a more senior officer; and
- Initiating preparation of quarterly and annual performance and management reports on operations of the unit under the guidance of a more senior
- Participating in packaging Commission’s events for dissemination to the media and public;
- Initiating corporate publications, articles and newsletters; and
- Initiating collection of information on policies, programmes, significant events and disseminating the same to media and public
How to Apply
- Applicants should provide all the details requested for in the advertisement. It is an offence to include incorrect information in the application. Details of academic and professional certificates not obtained by closure of the advert should not be included
- Only shortlisted and successful applicants will be contacted
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification
- The Public Service Commission is committed to implementing the provisions of the Constitution – Article 232 (1) on fair competition and merit, representation of Kenya’s diverse communities and affording equal employment opportunities to men and women, members of all ethnic groups and persons with disabilities. THEREFORE, PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during
- It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates/documents.
Applications should reach the Commission on 12 th April 2021 latest 5.00 pm (East African Time)