Manager, Quality Assurance & Standards Jobs, Quality Assurance Jobs, Jobs in Eldoret, Moi Teaching & Referral Hospital Jobs
Job Grade, MTRH 4
Monitor and advise on the performance of the quality assurance process and produce data and report on performance, measuring against set indicators. Promote quality achievement and performance improvement throughout the Hospital.
Set quality assurance compliance objectives and ensure that targets are achieved. Ensure compliance with National and International standards and legislation. Set up and maintain controls and documentation procedures.
Establish standards of service for clients and ensure the execution of corrective action and compliance with customers’ specifications. Monitor performance by gathering relevant data and produce statistical reports, provide necessary definition, development and deployment of service quality assurance strategy, addressing all phases of product development.
Assures the viability, functionality and effectiveness of essential quality assurance tools and Provides effective communication regarding issues, objectives, initiatives and performance.
The Manager Quality Assurance and Standards responsibilities include;
- Formulating and reviewing of Quality Assurance and Standards policies, strategies, guidelines and procedures;
- Interprets and implements quality assurance standards;
- To monitor unusual occurrences, report follow-up, procedures, and report monthly and year-to-date comparisons;
- Reviewing quality assurance standards, studies existing policies and procedures, and interviews personnel and customers to evaluate effectiveness of quality assurance program;
- Reviewing and evaluating patients’ medical records, applying quality assurance criteria;
- Performing quality-assurance functions to accomplish business coordination, monitoring, and reporting of quality-assurance studies according to the Quality Assurance and Standards plan;
- Responsible for knowing current Quality Assurance and Standards regulations and informing the Management of any new and/or revised regulations imposed;
- Selects specific topics for review, such as problem procedures, drugs, high volume cases, high risk cases, or other factors;
- Compiling statistical data and writes narrative reports summarizing quality assurance findings;
- Assisting departments with the coordination of audit information, and recommends appropriate data-gathering mechanisms, procedures;
- Responsible for achieving a satisfactory working environment between other departments performing quality-assurance studies;
- Reviewing patient records, applying utilization review criteria, to determine need for admission and continued stay in hospital;
- Assisting with developing and maintaining an unusual occurrence procedure;
- Assisting with the monitoring of unusual occurrences;
- Preparing action-taken reports for the office of the CEO and Senior Director, Clinical Services;
- Keeping the Management informed of studies in process and progress thereof, department’s agenda items;
- Discuss problems and completion of audit procedures; and
- Maintaining current and accurate records of all relevant communications, audits, corrective action plans and effectiveness.
- At least ten (10) years’ experience five (5) years at Senior Management level in a reputable institution.
- Master’s degree in Management Health Economics Health management with and option in Quality Assurance, Actuarial Science, Statistics mathematics and or any other relevant program from recognized institution.
- Bachelor’s Degree in sciences, Economics, Actuarial Science, Statistics or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Senior Management Course or equivalent lasting not I ass than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution.
- Membership with relevant professional body where applicable.
- Proficiency in computer applications.
- Must be ISO trained
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010.
- Resource management skills.
- Managing performance and driving for outcomes.
- Establishing strategic directions.
- Visionary/Leading change.
- Policy development.
- Effective communication skills.
- Risk Management.
- Technical competence.
- Decision-making and problem solving skills.
- High standards of professional ethics.
- Managerial and administrative skills.
- Leading teams.
In addition, all applicants MUST attach the following valid documents;
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) Compliance Certificate
- Higher Education Loan Board (HELB) Certificate
- National Police Service (NPS) Clearance Certificate
- CRB — Credit Reference Bureau Certificate
- Ethics & Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC) Clearance
Salary Attached to Scales
MTRH 2: Kshs 225,221 X 7,180 — 232,301 X 7,409 — 239,711 X 7,646 — 247,357 X 7,890 255,246 X 8,141 — 2N,388 X 8,401 — 271,789 X 8,669p.m
MTRH 4: Kshs 123,027 x 5,252 – 128,279 x 5,492 – 133,772 x 5,742 – 139,514 x 8 – 145,532 x 6,263 – 151,565 x 6,565 – 158,361p.m
MTRH 5: Kshs. 106,184 x 4,710 – 010,895 x 4,927 – 015, 22 x 5,153 -120,976 x 5,(I 126,366 x 5,639 – 132,005 x 5,899 – 137,905p.m
MTRH 6: Kshs. 81,684 x 4,062 – 85,747 x 4,250 – 89,997 x 4,297 – 94,294 x 4,348 – 9ft (,42 x 4,399 – 103,042 x 4,452 – 107,495p.m
MTRH 9: Kshs. 50,437 x 2,296 – 52,733 x 2,402 – 55,136 x 2,518 – 57,655 x 2,618 – 60,273 x 2,783 – 63,056p.m
MTRH 10: Kshs. 42,137 x 2,193 – 44,330 x 2,289 – 46,620 x 2,418 – 49,038 x 2,546 -51,584 x 2,680 – 54,264 x 2,824 – 57,088 p.m
The successful candidates will still be entitled to applicable allowances to these grades.
How to Apply
If you are innovative, self-starter, results-oriented individual and you meet the above requirements, please send six (6) hard copies of your application with detailed C.V, together with certified copies of your relevant academic/professional testimonials and three (3) letters from referees of whom two (2) must be from your profession to:
Chief Executive Officer
Moi Teaching and Referral Hospital
Chandaria Cancer and Chronic Disease Centre
P 0 Box 3-30100
The deadline for submitting full applications will be on Friday, 31st May 2019 at 5:00 pm.
Moi Teaching and Referral Hospital is an equal opportunity Employer. Women, Persons Living with Disability (PLWDs) and those from Marginalized Areas due encouraged to apply.
Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification and only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted for interviews.