- Company: Watu Credit Limited
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: - Accounting Jobs in KenyaFinance Jobs in Kenya
Watu Credit Limited is a dynamic and fast-growing non-bank finance company. Watu Credit Limited harnesses technology to offer unsecured lending, primarily via mobile services. We aim to become the leading African provider of a broad set of inclusive financial products, delivered through technology in a fast, efficient and professional manner.
As an Asset Finance Recovery Officer you will be responsible for timely asset finance recovery where the other methods of collection proved to be ineffective.
A successful Asset Finance Recovery Officer is expected to adapt to the fast-paced culture of both the company, the market and the customers we serve.
Our customers are entrepreneurs. As a company, we are committed to aiding them in achieving their financial goals. It is imperative that the Asset Finance Recovery Officer be engaged with the community they serve and committed equally to our customer’s and company’s goals.
- Monitoring and controlling the assigned Asset Finance Portfolio using Company software
- In cooperation with other members of the Asset Finance Recovery team, identifying overdue clients who have failed to comply with the contractual payment schedule, and where the telephone follow-up deemed not effective
- In cooperation with other members of the Asset Finance Recovery team, prioritizing the collection assignments in accordance with our collection policy
- Proposing the best client handling and debt collection strategy to the Recovery team and the Head of Asset Finance Recovery
- Using GPS tracking technology, identifying location of the collateral and approaching the client at the field
- While in the field, identifying and applying the most efficient communication tactic persuading the client to close his overdue and return to payment compliance
- Repossessing collateral once all previous communicational attempts have failed
- Maintaining records and providing daily feedback on outcome of assignments and number of collection to the Head of Asset Recovery
- Providing training and sharing knowledge with new employees/interns/trainees employed by the Company
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Excellent communication and presentation skills including written communication
- Integrity, enthusiasm and passion for continuous learning and development
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work harmoniously in an organization with diverse business operations
- Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities, able to effectively deal with people at all levels inside and outside of the Company
- High attention to detail and internal control
- Diploma in a relevant field
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- MUST KNOW HOW TO RIDE A MOTORCYCLE AND HAVE A VALID DRIVING LICENCE
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Be a part of an international, dynamic and driven team that has set their aspirations high and work hard to achieve those
- Opportunities to learn and grow together with us
- Competitive compensation package
- Health benefits