- Company: Save the Children
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Kenya
This role will support the various Country Offices in East and South Africa, with short to midterm Awards Coordination support. The Awards (Grants) Coordinator will when in-country support the Country Awards Lead in the planning, securing and managing of both development and humanitarian awards. The position plays a lead role in award information management and shares and coordinates information across departments when in country. Additionally, he/she will support the Head of Strategic Portfolio and Awards Management with dedicated support on high risk awards; and providing analysis; compliance capacity building and monitoring of all phases of awards.
This role supports various countries in the ESA region.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
- Undergraduate Degree in Business, Social Sciences, Finance, Accounting or any other related degree
- Minimum 3 years’ working in International Development with a specific emphasis of Fund Management, Project Management and / or Risk Management
- At Least 3 years’ experience managing and / or implementing USAID/USG grants or contracts
- Knowledge of guidelines / regulations and reporting requirements of major donors such as EU, DFID, ECHO, UN agencies, DANIDA.
- Experience in proposal development and coordination processes for complex awards.
- Demonstrable financial skills, particularly, budget development, BvA Analysis and reporting
- Ability to engage with and coordinate across multiple stakeholder groups.
- Cultural awareness and ability to build relationships quickly with a wide variety of people
- Patient, adaptable, flexible, able to improvise and remain responsive and communicate clearly and effectively under pressure
- Excellent planning, management and coordination skills, with the ability to organise a workload comprised of varying and changing tasks and responsibilities
- Strong communication (written and spoken) in the local language and minimum intermediate level in English.
- Very strong capacity for attention to detail, problem solving, and analysis of trends.
- Computer literate with very strong excel and analytical skills.
- Understanding of SCI Award Management Processes
Contract duration: 2 years Fixed Term
*Location: Save the Children operates in 12 Countries within the East and Southern Africa Region i.e. South Sudan, Sudan, Somalia, Ethiopia, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda, Kenya, Malawi, Zambia, Zimbabwe and Mozambique.*
This role will be based in any Country Office with SCI Presence under National Contract terms
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents