- Company: Ilara Health
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Kenya
Ilara Health brings accurate and affordable diagnostics to the 500 million people in Africa who today struggle to access a simple blood test. We distribute low-cost, AI-powered diagnostic devices directly to primary care doctors in peri-urban and rural clinics, where the availability of common diagnostics is very poor. Our proprietary software integrates all the devices that we distribute and enables the doctor to provide effective patient management. We use technology to bring light to a dark world of healthcare in a similar way technology has leapfrogged landlines, banking and electricity grids.
Ilara Health is on a mission to make diagnostics affordable for Africa. Founded by entrepreneurs passionate about healthcare, Ilara heath brings in technology powered diagnostics from around the world and provides financing to make these diagnostics products available in low to middle income communities.
Ilara health is a venture funded company on an aggressive growth path, and this is an opportunity to get into an exciting early-stage tech startup that is bound to make an impact on healthcare outcomes in Africa.
As a Sonographer implementing Teleguidance projects, you will be responsible for delivering quality ultrasound examinations to clients, training health practitioners involved in the projects and making quality reports to assist the physician with the diagnosis and treatment.
We are also accepting applications from the Nyanza region.
- Conduct effective ultrasound procedures;
- Conduct training to remote facilities on TeleGuidance utilization;
- Support in the development of training materials for TeleGuidance;
- Participate in the company meetings;
- Ensure adequate and correct information is given to patients regarding the procedures;
- Ensure timely availability of images to facilitate timely reporting and dispatch of reports;
- Assume responsibility for the safety of the client during the sonographic examinations;
- Maintain client privacy and confidentiality in accordance with privacy laws and facility policies and procedures;
- Assume responsibility for the preventive maintenance for ultrasound equipment to ensure it operates at optimal level at all times;
- Participate in preparation and implementation of quality initiatives aimed at improving overall the services and any other tasks that can be assigned by the Lead Sonographer, Project Lead and Programme Managers.
- Diploma in medical imaging, Higher diploma in ultrasound, degree in radiography from a recognized institution
- Must be registered with the Society of Radiography Kenya (SORK)
- Must possess a valid practicing license issued by the Kenya Nuclear Regulatory Authority
- Must demonstrate high integrity and ethical practice
- Must be a team player who is able to work cordially in teams
- Must be a flexible person, who is willing to travel and learn and able to work flexible hours to achieve goals (the position requires to work in shifts during weekends)
- Must demonstrate professional expertise in relevant work area