Renal Nurse Job, Current Medical Jobs Kenya,
RENAL NURSE REF: N/R/08/2021
The purpose of this position is to maintain a caring and high professional standard of nursing care, meeting the needs of the patients in all aspects and promoting job satisfaction in the nursing team. In addition the jobholder is responsible for the assessment of patient needs, planning, implementation and evaluation of the care plans and the care delivered on daily basis.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensuring that haemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis treatments are administered to patients correctly.
- To communicate with other professionals and all relevant parties in order to advocate effectively for the patients.
- To provide guidance, supervise and mentor staff and trainees to ensure all patients are treated with dignity, privacy and respect and that the patients are encouraged to be involved in decision making related to their care.
- Checking and recording patients’ vitals before, during, and after dialysis treatment.
- Monitoring patients during dialysis treatment to identify any adverse reactions.
- Preparing and updating nursing care plans.
- Promptly notifying the appropriate medical practitioner of any problems that occur during dialysis treatments.
- Working with the Dialysis Technicians to ensure that dialysis machines and equipment are set up correctly.
- Educating patients on dialysis treatment options, kidney disease management, as well as suitable nutrition and exercise regimens.
- To investigate patients’ complaints promptly in accordance with the hospital procedure and inform Chief nursing officer
- To ensure accurate documentation, proper record keeping and storage for continuity, quality and legal reference.
- To utilize available resources effectively to ensure quality service delivery, profitability, cost containment while closely adhering to the budget.
- To promote good interpersonal relationship amongst the nursing team, patients and other disciplines.
- Supervise and assess, plan and implement agreed individual care plans and evaluate the effectiveness of care given.
- Assist medical staff in the overall care of the patient and to ensure the prescribed treatment is given.
- Maintain personal contact with patients ensuring that they understand their treatment and that their needs are met as far as possible.
- To perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Charge Nurse from time to time
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Minimum of 3 years post clinical nursing.
- Certification through the Nephrology Nursing Certification Commission (NNCC) is an added advantage.
- Proven experience working as a Dialysis Nurse.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and observation skills.
- The ability to operate dialysis machines.
- Patient and compassionate.
- BLS certified.
How To Apply
Interested candidates are requested to send your detailed CV to us on email to [email protected] quoting the reference number. Deadline for submission is 23rd August 2021
Due to the large number of applicants only shortlisted candidates will be contactedN.B: 1.Dont Miss Out On Your Next Job. Register Your CV With Us. . It's Free.
NB: 2. How Can I Advance In My Career? The Secret Is To Learn New Skills . .