Technical and Vocational Education and Training Authority (TVETA) is a State Corporation under the Ministry of Education established under the TVET Act of 2013. The mandate of the Authority is to promote quality access, equity and relevance in Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) by developing standards, inspecting, registering and licensing trainers.
The Authority seeks to recruit a result-oriented, self-driven person with high integrity to fill the following vacant positions:
RESEARCH OFFICER, TVETA GRADE 6
Terms of Appointment: Pensionable
Basic Pay: 72,870 – 107,323
House Allowance: 35,000
Commuter Allowance: 14,000
- Identifying areas of study and collaborating institutions on action and collaborative research;
- Identifying areas of research linkages between TVET institutions and industries;
- Collecting research data;
- Participating in developing, updating and maintaining database of TVET
- Identifying projects promoting innovation in TVET and institutions to participate in the innovations;
- Participating in preparation of research reports; and
- Participating in analyzing inspection reports and institutional annual returns
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines:- Economics, Public Policy, Mathematics, Statistics, Strategic Management, Public Administration, Project Planning and Management, Education, Engineering, Human Resource Management; Entrepreneurship; Agriculture; Applied and Health Sciences; Agricultural Economics; Computer Science; Information Communication Technology; Library and Information Science; Commerce; Tourism; Hospitality Management; Hotel Management; Food Technology; Home Economics; Business Administration; Business Management; Sociology; Secretarial Studies; Supply Chain Management or any other equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
How to Apply
Soft copy applications:
Interested persons should send their detailed application cover letter and Curriculum Vitae (CV) ONLY. The Curriculum Vitae should include their day and evening telephone numbers, e- mail address and names and addresses of three referees. The application should reach the Director General/CEO not later than MONDAY 2ND NOVEMBER, 2020 5 P.M.
Applicants are also REQUIRED to fill the attached job application summary template and submit in soft copy ( saved in MS Excel ) together with their application. An example has been attached for your guidance. Kindly replace the sample with your information.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce academic certificates and testimonials as indicated on their CVs and job application summary.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and will be expected to produce valid copies of clearance certificates from the following organizations when they appear for interview in fulfillment of the requirements of Chapter Six of the Kenyan Constitution.
- Valid tax compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA);
- Valid Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) clearance certificate;
- Valid self-declaration forms from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission specific to this advertisement;
- Police Clearance Certificate from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI) issued not more than one year ago from the date of this advert;
- Valid Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Technical and Vocational Education and Training Authority (TVETA) is an equal opportunity employer promoting gender, equity and diversity. Persons with Disability (PWDs) and other Minority groups are encouraged to apply.